The sixth day of Valentine’s week is Hug Day which will be celebrated annually on February 12. A warm hug to a partner may enhance the trust, love, and affection that also improve bonds between them. The main benefit of a warm hug is that it helps in lowering stress or depression and is beneficial for mental health. As per a study, hugging decreases the level of cortisol and stress hormones.
Health Benefits of hugging – There are several benefits of hugging are discussed below –
- Hugging enhances the level of oxytocin in the brain that makes it active, happy, and calm.
- Hugging lowers the cortisol level and stress hormone that is beneficial in reducing blood pressure and heart rate during stressful situations.
- Hugging also enhances the romantic love that helps in making a strong relationship between married or single couples.
- Hugging also increases love, trust, and affection between relatives.
- Hugging lowers the tension and improves the circulation of blood that relaxes the tense muscles and reduces pain.
- Hugging reduces blood pressure that lowers the risk of heart attack or stroke.
- Hugging improves all types of relationships by physically touching and releasing the love hormone. It enhances trust, love, and affection between people.
- Hugging also helps in making strengthen the relationship between family members and close friends.
- Hugging may also help in lowering anxiety, and reducing fear.
- Hugging may help in strengthening the immune system by enhancing lymphocytes, the natural killer cells, and many other boosting immune cells.
- As per a study, a few minutes of hugging or cuddling with a partner may improve sleep quality.
- The main advantage of hugging is that it makes a child feel safe, secure, and love.
Connect with me