Oranges – Orange is very popular fruit during summer season in India due to its natural sweetness. It is also popular as an orange juice which is used as a cold drink in very hot season.
Orange is a citrus fruit and is a good source of vitamin B1 and vitamin C. They are also a good source of dietary fiber and generally available in summer season. It is also a good source of niacin, thiamine, vitamin B6, riboflavin, foliate, pantothenic acid, phosphorus, selenium, magnesium, manganese, and copper.
Health Benefits of Oranges:
There are some benefits of oranges which are discussed below.
- Oranges are an excellent source of vitamin C which prevents free radicals that causes chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
- Oranges are help in controlling and maintaining the blood pressure because it contains magnesium
- They are good source of citrus limonoids which is used in preventing cancers such as lung, stomach, skin, breast, and colon.
- Regular consuming orange juice lowers the risk of kidney stones and other kidney diseases.
- Oranges are help in healthy functioning of heart because it contains potassium. If the potassium reduces, then it causes an irregular heart beat which is called as an arrhythmia
- It contains soluble fiber which is used in lowering cholesterol.
- It has a good source of carotenoid compounds which are changed to vitamin A and is good for healthy eye.
- As per study, orange are used in preventing viral infections.
- Oranges are used in lowering blood sugar and increases insulin. It is also used in controlling the weight.
- Oranges are used as an antioxidant because it is a good source of beta-carotene. It protects the cells and skin from damage and free radicals which are used in preventing the signs of old age.
- Oranges are used in strong immune system because it contains high content of vitamin C.
- Choline is a main nutrient in oranges which helps in movement of muscle, sleep, learning and memory. Choline also used in maintains the structure of cellular membranes and helps in the transmission of nerve impulses. It also supports the absorption of fat and decreases chronic inflammation.