Plant-based milk – It is a lactose-free that is a substitute for cow milk and is mainly for those people who are vegetarian. Plant-based milk is also suitable for those individuals who have allergic problems to animal or dairy milk. It is also used in making vegan cheese, soy yogurt, ice cream, plant cream, and many more.
Different types of plant-based milk – There are several types of plant-based milk are given below –
- Almond milk – Almond milk is the most popular milk with mild nut flavor, creamy and thick. This type of milk is a great source of vitamin D, vitamin E, and calcium. It is also lighter and is low cholesterol is good for your health.
- Soy milk – It is one of the most popular vegan milk options that is extracted from the soybean plant. Soy milk is a good source of potassium, iron, and protein. But it is different from cow milk in several ways. It contains high protein and a cholesterol-free with low sodium and low fat.
- Hemp milk – Hemp milk is made up of whole hemp seeds and contains a great source of high-quality plant proteins, minerals, and healthy fats.
- Coconut milk – It is one of the most popular vegan milk and a good option for dairy milk with great health benefits. The juice extracted from a fresh coconut is known as coconut milk and is available in two varieties such as thin or thick.
- Cashew milk – It is a full of redeeming nutrients such as phosphorus, potassium, zinc, iron, and magnesium. The fat present in cashews is mostly unsaturated and they are a great source of protein too. This type of plant milk is very creamy and delicious in taste.
- Chickpea milk – It is a good option for conventional or other vegan milk. Chickpea contains a great source of calcium, omega-3s, and calcium that is available at an affordable cost.
- Flax milk – It is a low-calorie or fat milk and contains a great source of omega-3 without cholesterol. Flax milk is rich in several nutrients with a great source of calcium and is available at a reduced cost.
- Potato milk – It is a plant-based milk that is produced by a patented method of the brand and contains straining boiled potatoes which mix then with water. Potato milk contains a thick consistency with a creamy texture of plant-based milk.
- Rice milk – It is one of the best milk options and is suitable for those people who have allergies to lactose. Rice milk contains a great source of carbohydrates with low content in protein, fat, and many other nutrients. It is plant-based milk and is made up of brown rice and brown rice syrup that can be sweetened by using sugar and flavored with vanilla.
- Hazelnut milk – It is also a plant-based milk and is similar to almond milk with a lightly sweet taste and nutty flavor. Hazelnut milk contains a great source of vitamins B2, E, A, and D and works particularly well in cereals, sweets, and recipes with light milk.
- Pea milk – It is one of the creamiest plant-based milk and is made up of yellow split peas. Pea milk is an outstanding coffee creamer that works brilliantly in baking and cooking recipes due to its thickness and oily viscosity. It contains a good source of vitamin A and calcium.
- Oat milk – It is one of the most popular plant-based milk options with creamy and drinkable that may be easily substituted for baking recipes. Oat milk contains a good source of vitamin D and vitamin A.
- Banana milk – This type of plant-based milk is made up of blended bananas and water. It is a dairy-free milk that provides several nutrients and health benefits.
- Spelt milk – This type of plant-based milk is made up of soaking spelt grains for 12 hours and pureeing water and straining them. It is a low-calorie milk with some nutrients including vitamins and minerals.
- Walnut milk – This type of plant-based milk has a nutty taste and contains a good source of omega 3. It also contains a great source of vitamin E that helps in maintaining immune system functionality and healthy skin.
- Quinoa milk – It is one of the nutty and high-protein plant-based milk. Quinoa milk is delicious, creamy, and easy to make at home.
- Pistachio milk – It is a thick, frothy, and barista-style creamer plant-based milk with less amount of carbohydrates, saturated fat, and carbohydrates. This type of plant-based milk contains a great source of phytosterols, antioxidants, and more potassium than other non-dairy milk.
- Sesame milk – It is one of the latest plant-based milk and needs only 12 liters of water to make one liters of milk. Sesame milk contains a great source of fiber with a good source of vitamin D, potassium, iron, and calcium.