Relationship– It is defined as an association or connection that exists between a group of people. A relationship does not mean that it always has to be romantic or sexual, sometimes it may be friendly and caring. A relationship contains all sorts of connections in which people have involved in friendship or romantic with several individuals. A friendship or relative relationship also plays an important role in a person’s life.
At a younger age, two persons (male and female) are involved in romantic or engaged with a commitment for a long-term relationship. Both male and female persons enjoy caring and love with each other in a long-term marriage relationship. A relationship is not normally kept secret and allows people to make an intimate and strong bond with their partners. Married couples love, care, trust, and respect each other in a healthy relationship.
Affair– It is that type of relationship that is based only on a physical relationship without any commitment for a future strong bond. An affair is a secret or illegal relationship that mainly depends on a sexual relationship and not for a long-term relationship. Married couples are also involved in this type of secret relationship. This type of illegal or secret relationship occurs when any individuals are not satisfied with their partners. Affair affects the relationship between married couples and may result in divorce when the secret relationship is disclosed. In some cases, affairs between single couples are converted into relationships.
Main differences between an affair and a relationship – There are several differences between an affair and a relationship are given below –
- The main difference between an affair and a relationship is that it is only based on a sexual relationship whereas a relationship can simply as a connection that exists between a group of people or between couples for a long term
- The relationship is accepted by society and relatives whereas an affair is not approved by the larger society.
- Affairs are based on sexual nature whereas relationships are mainly on commitment and romantic for a long time.
- Most affairs are secret relationships that their partners and family members are unaware whereas relationships are not kept secret.
- Affairs are not serious commitments whereas relationships are a serious commitment for the long term.
- Affairs are illegal and are based on physical that is referred to as cheating to their partners whereas relationships are legal that are authorized by society and are based on love, trust, and respect.