There are several politicians, journalists and sportsperson that died in the year 2021 are given below –
- Buta Singh – Buta Singh was dead at an age of 86 due to a cerebral hemorrhage on January 2, 2021. He was an Indian political leader and also an elder or senior leader of the Indian National Congress. In past, Buta Singh was a Governor of Bihar, Home Minister of India, and a president of the National Commission for Scheduled Castes between 2007 and 2010.
- Captain Satish Sharma – Captain Satish Sharma was dead at an age of 73 in Goa on February 17, 2021, due to cancer. He was an Indian politician and also a senior leader of the Indian National Congress party. Satish Sharma was also a former member of the Union Cabinet in the central government and also very close to the Gandhi family.
- Rohit Sardana – Rohit Sardana was dead due to a heart attack after suffering from covid-19 infection on April 30, 2021. He was an Indian journalist, anchor, editor, and media personality. In past, Rohit Sardana had hosted Taal Thok Ke, a discussion program that debate about current issues in India and telecasted on Zee News. After that, he left Zee News and joined Aaj Tak in the year 2017. He was also anchored Dangal, a prime-time show on Aaj Tak.
- Yashpal Sharma – Yashpal Sharma was dead due to cardiac arrest at an age of 66 on July 13, 2021. He was a former Indian cricket player that played as an explosive middle-order batsman between the 1970s and 80s. Yashpal Sharma was born on August 11, 1954, in Ludhiana, Punjab and was part of the Indian team that won the Cricket World Cup in 1983 In past, he had played 37 test matches and 42 one-day international from 1978 to 1985. Nephew of Yashpal Sharma, Chetan Sharma was also an Indian cricket player. Due to great batsman of Indian team and important role in winning the first world cup in 1983, Yashpal Sharma was designated as ‘’Crisis Man for India” by Sunil Gavaskar, a former Indian cricket player.
- Milkha Singh – Legendary Indian sprinter Milkha Singh was dead at the age of 91 due to Covid-19 complications on June 18, 2021. The wife of Milkha Singh, Nirmal Kaur was also dead at an age of 85 in Mohali due to covid-19 complications on June 13, 2021. Milkha Singh was popularly known as The Flying Sikh was an Indian sprinter. The main achievement of Milkha Singh is that he was the only sportsperson or athlete to win the gold medal in 400 meters race at the Commonwealth Games and Asian Games. He represented in many Olympics such as India Summer Olympics in Melbourne in the year 1956, the Summer Olympics 1960 in Rome, and the Summer Olympics 1964 in Tokyo.
- Ajit Singh – Chowdhary Ajit Singh was dead at an age of 82 due to Covid-19 on May 6, 2021. He was born on February 12, 1939, and was first elected to Rajya Sabha in 1986. Ajit Singh was the son of the former Indian Prime Minister late Chaudhary Charan Singh and also a founder of the Rashtriya Lok Dal, a political party, which was known in the western part of the state of Uttar Pradesh
- Vinod Dua -Vinod Dua was dead at an age of 67 due to covid-19 complications on December 4, 2021. He was an Indian journalist that worked in NDTV India and also in Doordarshan. Vinod Dua has received an award of Padma Shri for journalism by the government of India in the year 2008.