Introduction – Ketogenic diet is also popularly known as the keto diet, is a low carbohydrates and high fat with several benefits. Due to the amount of carbohydrates is very low, keto diet is becoming popular among youngsters that can be used in lowering weight and in the treatment of several types of diseases as per the study.
Generally, in the daily routine, the intake of carbohydrates is higher in comparison to protein and fats and that leads to obesity. When people adopt the ketogenic diet, they can feel the changes in their body as the process of ketosis starts which releases energy from the fats. The ketogenic diet also helps in reducing the sugar level in the blood which is a benefit for diabetic people.
List of foods in the Ketogenic diet – Ketogenic diet is one of the diets in which the body burns carbohydrates and then fats, so the diet should include less carbs and more fats and proteins. There is the list of the foods that should be included in the diet are as given below –
- Several types of oils like coconut, olive, etc.
- Heavy cream
If you are interested in the ketogenic diet to lose weight then should avoid the foods are as given below –
- Dry fruits
- Ice cream
- Whole fruits
- Chicken nuggets
- Whole grains
Diet Plan – This is a diet plan that people should adopt to get rid of obesity and other diseases are as given below –
- Breakfast should have eggs, butter, bread, tomato, and spinach omlette
- Lunch should include cheese, avocado, burger, spinach salad, almond milk
- Dinner should include fried fish, broccoli, and butter.
Health benefits of ketogenic diet – Ketogenic diet is benefit for those children who are sufferring from Lennox or Rett syndromes and seizure medication is not effective. This diet increases the effect of seizure medications. The adults who suffer from epilepsy can take this diet as it will be beneficial for them too.
The Keto diet is also beneficial in lowering weight as intake of carbs is decreased and energy is released through fats. This diet lowers the appetite that reduces the intake of food. Keto diet is helpful for obese people as the reduction in the diet leads to a reduction in weight.
There are several benefits of the Keto diet are as given below –
- Type 2 Diabetes – This diet is beneficial for those people who are suffering from Type 2 Diabetes.
- Improve heart health – The ketogenic diet help in reducing blood pressure and weight that lowering the risk of several heart diseases. This diet also helps in reducing cholesterol that makes a healthy heart.
- Metabolic Syndrome – Keto diet is beneficial for those patients who suffer from metabolic syndrome. The diet helps the patient to lose weight easily.
- Prevent cancer – Keto diet may help in slowing the growth of a tumor that lowering the risk of cancer.
- Lower weight – The diet is best for those who suffer from obesity by lowering the intake of carbs and energy is released through fat burning. This diet also decreases the appetite so intake of food also decreases and helps in the reduction of weight.
- Bipolar disorder – The keto diet helps in stabilizing the mood of patients who suffer from type 2 bipolar disease. As per studies and researches, the diet is better than the medication.
- Parkinson’s disease – As per the study, keto diet helps in improving the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease.
- Prevent epilepsy – The keto diet is helpful in reducing seizures in those children who are suffering from epilepsy as per the study
- Alzheimer’s disease – The ketogenic diet is beneficial in lowering the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease by slowing its progression.
- Treat acne – As per study, keto diet may reduce the symptoms of acne by lowering the intake of carbohydrates.