Now, Covid-19 is one of the hazardous diseases which spreads from person to person that causes lakhs and crores are infected all over the world including India. If the immunity of our body is strong then it helps your body to fight against coronavirus and protects them. So, a strong immune system is very important for your health. First of all, discuss what is the immune system.
Immune system –Immune plays an important role in maintaining strong health and help in protecting from viral and bacterial infections. If our immune system was not strong then it enhances the risk of several infections from several micro-organisms including parasites, bacteria, and viruses. These micro-organisms affect the immune system and harmful to our health.
The immune system of our body is a complex network of organs, tissues, and cells that helps in fighting against bacterial or viral infections and several diseases. If several microorganisms including bacteria or viruses attack your body then an immune system of our body protects the infections or allergies by fighting against germs.
Several parts of the immune system – There are different parts of our immune system which are as given below –
- White blood cells play an important role in fighting against germs and prevent several infectious diseases that are produced in the bone marrow.
- Mucous membranes make mucus and other substances that can fight or protect against germs.
- The skin of your body can help in preventing germs from getting into the body.
Roles of our immune system – The main function of the immune system is to protect our body from several germs which are harmful to our health. If our immune system recognizes any viruses or bacteria then it attacks on germs and is known as immune response. This immune response is used to make antibodies that are made up of proteins and attack viruses or bacteria to destroy them. Our body makes other cells to fight against germs that protect us from several infectious diseases. During fighting germs, our immune system recognizes the virus or bacteria. If our immune system, sees the recognized germs including viruses or bacteria again then it attacks, and you do not sick. It means that our immune system is very strong and this protection against a certain disease is known as immunity.
Best ways to promote immune system – There are best ways to make the strong immune system of our body which are as given below –
- Regular exercise – There are several physical activities including exercise helps in making the strong immunity to fight several bacterial or virus infections. Regular exercise is beneficial in making strong immune system of our body by boosting your overall circulation makes it easier for immune cells to fight infectious diseases. As per the research if you exercise daily for about 30 minutes then it helps in stimulating the immune system of your body. Hence you should daily exercise in the morning to improve your immunity.
- Drink large amounts of Water – Water plays an important role in making a strong immune system of our body due to fluid in your circulatory system known as lymph that carries important infection-fighting immune cells around the body which is made up of water. If you did not take enough water, then it slows down the movement of lymph that leads to an impaired immune system. Dehydration can also cause several health problems such as kidney problems, affect digestion and physical performance, and many more. These health problems affect our immune system and increase the risk of infections. Hence, we should drink a large amount of water daily to prevent dehydration and improving the immune system to fight viruses and bacteria.
- Healthy diet – A healthy diet is very essential to make a strong immune system of our body. Some of the diets improve the immunity of our body including green vegetables, fruits, eggs, and grains. Vitamin C is beneficial in making a strong immune system by increasing the production of white cells that helps in fighting against infectious diseases. Most of the citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C such as oranges, lemons, grapefruit, limes, and many more. Vitamin C also helps in maintaining healthy skin which is beneficial for boosting our immune system. Vitamins A, C, and E are present in broccoli which helps in making a strong immune system of our body. Some of the other healthy diets are beneficial in boosting the immune system such as garlic, spinach, ginger, yogurt, almonds, green tea, turmeric, poultry, papaya, and many more.
- Good and enough sleep – Weak immunity is also linked with inadequate or poor-quality sleep that increases the risk of infectious diseases. As per research, if you are not getting good sleep especially at night less than 6 hours then it enhances the risk of getting sick after contact with viruses such as the common cold. So, if you want to improve your immunity then get good sleep for about 8 to 9 hours. An adult should sleep more than 7 hours; teens need 8 to 10 hours of sleep and infants must sleep for 14 hours to improve immunity. At present, most of the youths or teenagers watch TV and smartphone in which blue light emitted from the TV and mobile that disrupt your sleep. Therefore, you should sleep in a dark room without using a smartphone and computer to improve your immunity.
- Stress reduction – Stress can also affect the immune system of your body. But you are suffering from stress for a long period then it promotes inflammation and imbalances the immune cell function. There are some of the activities such as regular exercise, yoga, meditation, play any favorite sport that helps in lowering the stress. If you want to improve your immune system, they should reduce the stress by using several activities.
Conclusions – If you want to protect or fight against infectious diseases then should improve your immune system by several tips which are discussed in this blog. Thus, we should improve the immunity of the body to prevent diseases and happily live with family.