Wheatgrass is the young grass of the wheat plant and mostly grown in temperate region. Wheatgrass is popular in Europe and United States and can be planted indoors also. It contains amino acids, vitamins, chlorophyll, minerals and enzymes. The chlorophyll is about 70 percent. It is available in juice bars, frozen juice, tablets, powder, cream, gel, massage lotion and many more.
Health Benefits of Wheatgrass
There are several benefits of wheatgrass which are given below –
- Improve digestion – Wheatgrass contains many nutrients such as enzyme, amino acid, and vitamin B content which improve the digestion. It can be used in treating ulcers, irritable bowel syndrome, heartburn, and indigestion.
- Lowering cholesterol– Wheatgrass is also used in the treatment for healthy heart. As per researchers, the fresh wheatgrass juice can help those patients who suffer with atherosclerosis by reducing cholesterol. It means that it controls cholesterol.
- Prevent Alzheimer’s disease– Wheatgrass powder are used in the curing of Alzheimer’s disease due to its antioxidant properties.
- Reduce blood disorder – Wheatgrass juice decreases blood transfusion necessities. Wheatgrass has strong anti oxidant capabilities. It raises the quantity of oxygen in the blood that stimulates blood circulation.
- Improve immunity and energy– Wheatgrass provides energy and improve immunity by raising red blood cell count. Wheatgrass contain chlorophyll which also helps sending more oxygen to the blood and prevents weak immune system. Low energy is also related to nutritional deficiencies wheatgrass will help remove general fatigue and tiredness.
- Healthy hair– Wheatgrass is beneficial for healthy hair because catalase content and other antioxidants that slow the aging process.
- Relieves stress and depression– The vitamins B present in wheatgrass can benefit in relieving anxiety and depression. Wheatgrass is also used to prevent iron deficiency, which is related to depression.
- Treat skin diseases – It is used in treating skin diseases such as eczema, psoriasis and sunburns. It is also used in treat acne and skin wounds by rapidly regenerating skin cells.
- Clean the liver – Wheatgrass is famous for its liver cleansing effects. It is used in protection of the liver from oxidative stress, and removes foreign substances such as heavy metals.
- Weight loss and food carvings – Wheat grass is used in reducing the weight with the help of selenium. Selenium is essential for healthy functioning of the thyroid gland which helps in controlling the weight gain. Several nutrients present in wheatgrass are used to avoid cravings