Ginger is a common item and is widely used in Asian and especially in Indian cuisine. It is grown in the tropical rain forest in Southern Asia. In the first century AD, ginger was exported to Europe through India which was widely used by the Romans. The ginger grows through a tall stem which has a narrow green leaves and yellow flowers. Ginger belongs to the family of Zingiberaceae.
Health benefits of Ginger – There are several health benefits of ginger which are given below –
- Reduce blood sugar – Due to anti-diabetic properties in ginger, it is helpful in increasing insulin which reduces sugar level in the blood.
- Lower blood pressure – Ginger contains magnesium, chromium, and zinc which can be helpful in reducing blood pressure, prevent chills, fever, and excessive sweat.
- Prevent cancer – Ginger contains 6-gingerol, which may be helpful in curing cancer
- Reduction in Cholesterol – Ginger can also help in reducing the LDL lipoproteins (the bad cholesterol) level in the blood which decreases the chance of heart attack.
- Improves brain function – As per research, ginger can improve brain functions in elderly men and women.
- Migraine Relief – The ginger powder helps in decreasing migraine related discomfort without side effects.
- Inflammation – Ginger has been used to decrease inflammation. It is also used as a natural pain killer. The decrease in inflammation and the danger of colon cancer is also probable to decrease.
- Improve digestion – The ginger is used in relief from gastrointestinal irritation. It stimulates saliva which helps in improving the digestion. If the juice of ginger is consumed before or after the lunch then it is easier to digest the food.
- Pain reduction – As per research, the daily consumption of ginger reduces exercise induced muscle pain by 25% Ginger is also used to decrease the symptoms of dysmenorrhea which is a severe pain during a menstrual process.
- Nausea and Vomiting – Consumption of ginger tea is highly effective for curing nausea and vomiting. During cancer treatment and pregnancy, use ginger for curing nausea and vomiting. In winter, ginger tea is very useful for keeping the body warm.