What are Dark Cycles Under the Eyes
When the skin under the eyes appears darkened or black then dark circles under the eyes occur in any person. If you have any dark circles under your eyes then it is not a sign or symptom of any medical problem. Normally, dark circles under the eyes are caused by being tired. Insufficient sleep is the main cause of dark circles under the eyes. There are other possible causes of dark circles under the eyes are aging, genetics, allergies, and many more.
Nowadays, youngsters watch television late at night which may occur dark circles in their eyes due to lack of sleep. Several students study at midnight for their exams which may increase the risk of dark circles in their eyes due to lack of sleep. Thus, dark circles under the eyes are very common in those people with a genetic predisposition to this condition. Individuals with darker stone skin tones also have dark circles under their eyes. But dark circles under the eyes are very common in older adults. There is no medication attention and no need for concern in the case of dark circles under the eyes.
Presently, lot of pressure on individuals to look perfect at birthday parties, marriage ceremonies, college trips, family gatherings, offices, and many more. So, youngsters are concerned about minimizing dark circles under their eyes to look perfect and smart in any event or occasion.
What is Puffiness
Puffiness under the eyes are mild swelling or bags is a common cosmetic concern. There is no need for treatment in most cases of the puffiness under eyes. But in some cases, swelling under the eyes might also be a symptom of a major serious health problem. Genetics and aging are the main cause of the tissues around the eyes weakening. It leads to a fat shifting into the lower eyelids that makes or looks swollen in that area. It is important to note that the skin around the eyes is very delicate and thin. Thus, if you have any swelling under your eyes or puffiness then visit to doctor for treatment. There are several causes of puffiness or swelling under the eyes are insufficient sleep, allergies, smoking, blocked tear duct, any injury in the eyes, eye infections, taking too much salt, and many more.
How to reduce dark circles under your eyes
There are several home remedies that help in reducing dark circles under your eyes are discussed below –
- Moisturizers – There are several moisturizers that may help in minimizing dark circles under the eyes. Thus, if you have a problem with dark circles beneath your eyes then you should use moisturizers to reduce the dark circles under your eyes. Some of the moisturizers
- Get enough sleep – Lack of sleep is one of the main causes of dark circles under the eyes. Dark circles under your eyes make you look not good on any occasion, parties, marriage ceremonies, and many more. Thus, you should sleep about 7 to 8 hours regularly daily which helps in reducing the dark circles under your eyes and looks better.
- Cold compress – It is an easy method that can cause the blood vessels to constrict and may be beneficial in minimizing the dark circles under the eyes. You can apply a cold compress in the morning or evening for about 10 minutes that helps in decreasing dark circles under your eyes.
- Teabags – You can also use cold tea bags under your eyes which is beneficial in reducing the dark circles under your eyes because tea contains antioxidants and caffeine. To use tea bags as a cold compress, you can soak the tea bags and then place them in the refrigerator for a few minutes. After that cold tea bags are applied to your eyes and leave them for 10 minutes and later rinse the area with cold water that may beneficial in lowering the dark circles under your eyes.
- Cucumbers – To reduce dark circles under your eyes, you can also use cucumbers as a cold compress. So, you can use cold slices of cucumbers as a cold compress on your eyes for about 10 minutes and later rinse the area with water. You can repeat this treatment twice a day that helps in lowering the dark circles under your eyes.
How to reduce puffiness under your eyes
There are several home remedies that are beneficial in reducing the puffiness under your eyes are given below –
- Drink more water– You should drink more water that may help in shrinking eye bags fast. As per doctors, they recommended that drink about 9 cups of water daily for women and about 13 cups of water per day for male people.
- Clean your nose with a neti pot – You can use a neti pot to clean your sinuses which may help in lowering puffiness or swelling under your eyes. A neti pot is a device that can fill with salt water. So, you can place the sprout in your nose that helps in removing mucus, irrigate your sinuses and many other wastes.
- Wash your make–up before sleep – You can wash your face or make-up before sleep at night which helps in avoiding bags under your eyes. If you sleep with make-up then it may irritate and may increase the risk of allergic reaction.
- Avoid smoking – If you have a problem with puffiness under your eyes then should avoid smoking that is beneficial in lowering swelling or puffiness under your eyes.
- Use tea bags – You can also use caffeinated tea bags that help in reducing puffiness or swelling under your eyes. Caffeine is present in tea bags that contain powerful antioxidants that are beneficial in enhancing blood flow to your skin.
- Sufficient sleep – Insufficient or lack of sleep is one of the main causes of puffiness under your eyes. Thus, you can get enough sleep for about 8 hours regularly that is beneficial in lowering puffiness under your eyes.
Conclusions – Dark circles and puffiness under your eyes are common problem that may be a sign of severe infection. If you have problems with dark circles or puffiness under your eyes then there are several home remedies that are discussed in this blog to remove dark circles and puffiness under your eyes. You should apply these tips to reduce your dark circles or puffiness under your eyes and looks better on any occasion.