Introduction – It is a water-soluble vitamin, which is necessary for carbohydrate, metabolism, growth, muscles, and good for heart health.
There are various sources of vitamin B1 are soyabean, green vegetables, milk, sea-food, cereal, whole grain, pulses, and many more.
Benefits of Vitamin B1 – There are some of the benefits of vitamin B1 are as given below –
- Boost immune system – Vitamin B1 helps in strengthening the immune system and improves the ability of the body to resist stressful conditions. This Vitamin B1 is also known as the anti-stress vitamin.
- Healthy heart – Vitamin B1 is beneficial in improving the function of the heart and lower the risk of heart failure.
- Improve digestion – Vitamin B1 is essential for the proper functioning of the digestive system. It also helps in regulating the production of hydrochloric acid and is necessary to maintain proper digestive function.
- Good for vision – Thiamine is beneficial in reducing the risk of developing cataracts and glaucoma as per the study.
- Reduce depression – Vitamin B1 works as an antidepressant that improves the symptoms of depression and produced more stability in the mood.
- Promote metabolism – Thiamine promotes the carbohydrate metabolism that helps in the growth of the body.
- Treat neurodegenerative diseases – As per the study, Vitamin B1 therapy may be a positive impact on several neurodegenerative diseases such as Huntington’s, Parkinson’s, and Alzheimer’s diseases.
- Improves appetite – Vitamin B1 is also beneficial in improving appetite. So, it is important to maintain a well-balanced diet with the essential amount of Thiamine.
- Good memory – Thiamine is also known for good memory and concentration power in human beings.
- Protect the nerves – Vitamin B1 is beneficial in enabling the proper development of myelin sheaths around the nerves. Due to lack of vitamin B1, it may cause the degeneration of these coverings that damage the nerve and even death.
- Anti–aging qualities – Vitamin B1 works as a potent antioxidant that protects the body against aging signs such as wrinkles, acne, age spots, and many more.
- Treat alcoholism – This vitamin helps in reducing the risk of developing a brain disorder is called as Wernicke-Korsakoff Syndrome. This brain disorder is a condition which is caused by reflex muscle movement fatigue, nerve damage, and problem in walking.