Garlic is very popular in our country which is essential in most of the Indian dishes and is mostly seen in any Indian kitchen. Its scientific name is Allium sativum which is a part of an onion family.
Health benefits of Garlic – There are several health benefits of garlic which are given below
- Due to the stimulating properties of garlic, it protects the skin from the effect of free radicals and reduces the depletion of collagen which leads to loss of elasticity in aging skin. Garlic helps to the skin, protected with infected fungal infections and provides relief from skin ailments including eczema. It is also a useful medication for fungal infections such as athlete’s foot and ringworms.
- Due to the antioxidant properties in the garlic, it is used in decrease the cholesterol levels and also helps in regulating blood pressure and blood sugar levels. This decreases the danger of heart diseases.
- As per many kinds of research, the daily consumption of garlic helps in the prevention of stomach and colorectal cancers. It is said to make stronger the immunity of the body against cancer.
- It is used in the blood purifier in the body and also helps in to clean your system and wash out toxins.
- Garlic contains Allicin which has sulphur compound may help in preventing some forms of cancer due to garlic has anti-bacterial and anti fungal properties.
- It has been used as an antibiotic to treat bacterial, fungal and parasitic infections. A mouthwash which contains garlic is enough to ward off cavity-causing bacteria.
- The oil containing garlic is also used in reducing hair loss.
- It also provides relief during cold and flu.