Anybody who has to leave home for study or for job has to face the problem of selecting roommate for living in a hired accommodation apartment. It helps in sharing expenses with roommates. If somebody is in a position to meet the expenses of the living and also needs a partner to share free time in go sapping, discussing problems, cutting jokes, and happy living. Living alone creates many problems such as illness, boredom and many more things. So selecting at least one roommate is become essential for future. Sharing room or apartment with somebody else is also a problem if the roommate is not of each other’s taste. So while selecting roommates following tips should be kept in mind –
- Age – Roommate or roommates should be of the same age group so that their ways of living, thinking remain same. Same age also helps in understanding each other and solving problems very easily and also in togetherness.
- Nature and Temperaments – First of all asses your nature. Whether you are of serious nature or merry making nature and many more. Thus your roommate should have matching nature at least partly or not fully. Angry nature roommates will always create problems so this type roommate should be avoided.
- Habits – It also matters more, if you are of habit of having your room clean, your roommate should also having same habit. Cleanliness also means having toilet clean, bed sheet clean, clothes clean and himself or herself cleans. The roommate should also have no bad habits such as smoking, drinking wine, stealing things, listening loud music, and many more bad habits.
- Region – People of same region can live with confidence. Their topics will lie more or less same. Their interests and food habits may be same. Same region is advantage of same language so communication between them is very easily.
- Money matters – The roommate must be able to share room rent, electricity bill, water bill and many more bills without a fuss.
- Respecting the Privacy – All sharing roommates should respect each other’s privacy, should not be eager to know their secrets.
- Communication – Roommates should have good communication so before selecting roommate their aspect should also be considered.
- Sex – Roommates should be of same sex. So selecting roommate one should see this aspect also. Our society did not allow to boy and girl, gents or lady living together without any relation. So it should be avoided while selecting roommates.
- Food habit – It is advisable to select roommate having same food habits. Different food habits may create problems. If you do not take wine or non veg you cannot accommodate with a mate who eats non veg and drink wine.
- Entertainment – The taste of entertainment of the roommate should match your taste also. If you do not like loud music, you cannot live with a mate liking loud music.
So one should not make haste in selecting the right roommate. One should go in detail of the roommate. If the roommate is of your liking then life will be easy and entertaining and not boring.