Dhaniya is generally known as Coriander in the Asian countries especially in India and Cilantro in the America and some parts of Europe. It is commonly used in household as a condiment, garnish or decoration on cooking dishes.
Health benefits of Coriander – The health benefits of Dhaniya (Coriander) are discussed below:-
- Reduce Cholesterol level – Several acids were present in the coriander such as Linoleic acid, oleic acid, stearic acid and ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) are used in lowering the cholesterol levels in the blood. They also decrease the bad cholesterol (LDL) level which is very harmful and caused cardiovascular problems including heart attacks and strokes. It also increases the healthy cholesterol (HDL) level that is used for defensive against a number of hazardous situations.
- Blood pressure – It also helps in reducing the blood pressure which decreases the chances of heart attacks.
- Diarrhea – Borneol and Linalool oils are present in coriander which is used in proper functioning of the liver and digestion that help in to cure diarrhea. Due to some components exist in the coriander such as Cineole, Borneol, Limonene, Alpha-pinene and beta-phelandrene have antiseptic effects, also used in preventing diaarrhea which is caused by microbial and fungal action. It also helps in curing nausea, vomiting and other stomach disorders.
- Anaemia – Low iron level in the blood is very harmful including shortness of breath, heart palpitations, extreme fatigue, reduces in cognitive functions and also caused anaemia. Coriander is rich in iron which is used in curing problems due to lack of iron.
- Mouth ulcers – Coriander is permanently used as an antiseptic in toothpastes to decrease bad breath. There is a component, Citronelol, is an antibacterial which keep injuries and ulcers in the mouth from worsening.
- Anti – allergic properties – Due to strong anti- histamine properties in coriander, it decreases the painful effects of allergies and fever (rhinitis). Coriander oil helps in decrease allergic reactions which are contacts with plants, insects, food, and many more substances may cause allergic reactions on the skin of the body.
- Bone health – Coriander is rich in calcium, it is used in making strong bones. If consumes a slight amount of coriander in your food, the bones keeps strong and curing of bone related diseases including osteoporosis.
- Smallpox – It is also used in curing small pox due to coriander is rich in vitamin C and iron. Use of coriander also lowers the pain and a smoothing effect on smallpox patients.
- Diabetes – The coriander also helps in reducing the sugar level in the blood and increases the insulin level in the blood.
- Eye protection – There are several components in the coriander such as vitamin A, vitamin C, antioxidants and minerals including phosphorous which is help in curing vision disorders, macular degeneration. It also decreases strain and stress on the eyes and also helps in curing infectious diseases in eyes including conjunctivitis.