Online marketing is a tool, which can be used for the promotion of products and services through the internet. There are various elements that a business can use to market its product and services. In comparison to traditional marketing methods, online marketing can reduce expenses, enhance conversation and communication, improve the service to their competitors.
In this way, the growth potential of a business will increase. A business can use the following tools to market the product and services online.
- Search Engine Optimization – It is a technique with which a user can increase the traffic for his website. This technique can be used to increase the quality of the website by making it user-friendly and easy to navigate. In this competitive era, SEO has played a great role in increasing the traffic for a website and also meet business objectives. To use this technique, the website should be SEO friendly. The existing site should be improved to apply the technique while the new website should be SEO friendly. The content on the website should also be SEO friendly so that users are attracted towards the product. This technique will help to increase traffic on the website.
- Search Engine Marketing – It is another way of growing the business and promoting products and services. In this technique, paid advertisements are used which has also appeared when a product is searched. These ads appear in the form of PPC or pay per click. The ads can be in form of text, or product listing ads.
- Email Marketing – It is a tool in which the business can send emails to their existing as well as new customers to inform them about their product and services. Email marketing can also be used to develop relationships with clients and sent to all the customers or only the target audience. To send the email to a target audience, a group should be created which will include the emails of a target audience for a particular type of product or service.
- Display Advertising – It is a type of online marketing in which a commercial message is shown through visuals that may include logos, text, videos, photos, animations, and many more. This is a way of attracting customers. Users can click on these items to get information about the product that is being displayed. These ads cannot be searched on a search engine. They are displayed only when the websites containing them are opened.
- Social Media Marketing – Online marketing can be done through social media websites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc. The main component of this type of marketing is social media optimization or SMO. This strategy can help the users to attract more customers to their websites. Social media websites can be used in two ways. One way is that a user can add links related to the products or services and another way is to post blogs, share statuses, or tweets related to the products.