Introduction – Sex is one of the basic human needs just like water, house, food, and oxygen. It also plays an important role in making a strong relationship between husbands and wives. The relationships between couples do not exist with healthy sexual life. Some sexual diseases that may affect the sexual life of couples. Impotence is also known as erectile dysfunction and is one of the most common sexual problems in which male people are unable to suitable erection during sexual intercourse. Due to this sexual issue, men are not able to satisfy their female partners during sexual activity which may severely affect the relationship between husbands and wives.
There are several causes of impotence especially in men including diabetes, cancer, increase in age, and some medications. But stress or anxiety is one of the most common causes of impotence in male people worldwide.
How stress and anxiety may cause impotence – There are several mental health problems including stress and anxiety can affect the brain signals with the physical response of the body. Stress or anxiety may disturb the message sent by the brain to the penis to enhance blood flow. When this message signal is affected by stress or anxiety, which decreases the blood flow into the penis and may cause impotence.
There are several causes of stress or anxiety that is responsible for erectile dysfunction in male people are given below –
- Any severe diseases
- Financial problem
- Loss of close family member
- Official work pressure
- Break-up with girlfriend
- The tension between husband and wife.
As per a study, the veteran with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) found that it may cause impotence, especially in men by more than three times. It is important to note that long-term stress and anxiety can enhance certain hormone levels in the body that may also cause impotence.
Other causes of impotence – Several other problems that may cause impotence are as given below –
- Metabolic syndrome
- Low testosterone
- Some medications
- Prostate cancer or enlarged cancer
Preventing anxiety and stress that can treat impotence – There are several treatments to reduce the stress or anxiety that is responsible for impotence are discussed below –
- Sex Therapy – In this type of therapy, it focuses on sensational pleasures rather than stimulation and sexual activity. The main purpose of this therapy is to reduce the stress or anxiety by making a more reliable and healthy sex life.
- Sexual anxiety therapy – In this type of therapy, it can reduce worries that may be caused by a lack of knowledge. The doctor helps to find the solution for your problems that helps in reducing sexual anxiety.
- Counselling – If you have a problem of stress that may cause erectile dysfunction then should meet your therapist to help in lowering the stress and may prevent impotence.
Other treatments – There are several other therapies that may beneficial in lowering stress and anxiety which may cause impotence are as given below –
- Daily exercise
- Relaxation techniques
These are several therapies that helps in lowering stress and anxiety. As per research, meditation also helps in decreasing stress and anxiety.
Conclusions – If you have a problem of stress and anxiety that may be responsible for impotence then talk with your doctor. You can also use these therapies as per consultation with your doctor that helps in decreasing stress and anxiety and is also beneficial to prevent impotence.