Olive oil – It is the most common vegetable oil that is generally used in frying, or cooking food. Olive oil is also used in soaps, cosmetics, and pharmaceuticals. It is prepared from the juice of the olive that will get from the olive tree.
Olive oil is used for traditional medicine, and cosmetics. It is also used as a fuel for oil lamps and is found mostly in the Mediterranean regions.
Health benefits of olive oil – There are some of the health benefits of olive oil which are as given below –
- Lower the risk of cancer – The antioxidants present in olive oil can decrease oxidative damage due to free radicals that cause cancer as per a study. Due to antioxidants, olive oil helps in lowering the risk of cancers. It has also anti-bacterial properties that effective against a bacterium known as Helicobacter pylori which is responsible for stomach cancers.
- Beneficial for type 2 diabetes – As per the study, olive oil helps in reducing the risk of type 2 diabetes due to controls the blood sugar level.
- Protective against heart disease – Olive oil is beneficial in preventing heart attack and other heart diseases due to it lowers blood pressure and LDL bad cholesterol which is harmful to the heart.
- Prevent inflammation – Olive oil contains oleic acid and oleocanthal acts as an antioxidant that helps in reducing the inflammation. Oleic acid is a fatty acid present in olive oil that also helps in preventing inflammation.
- Lower the risk of strokes – Stroke is also a common disease in the world and is caused due to the disturbance of blood run into the brain, and also a blood clot or bleeding. An individual who consuming daily olive oil lowers the risk of stroke.
- Reduce cholesterol in the blood – Olive oil contains several antioxidants that help in lowering LDL cholesterol. LDL cholesterol is bad cholesterol that enhance the risk of heart attacks and several heart diseases. It is also used in increasing HDL cholesterol levels. HDL cholesterol is the good cholesterol that lower macrophage accumulation, and prevent atherosclerosis
- Fight Alzheimer’s disease – As per research, olive oil also beneficial for preventing Alzheimer’s disease. This disease is most common in the world. It also helps in positive effects on the functioning of the brain as per research.
- Treat Rheumatoid Arthritis – Olive oil is used in lowering the joint pain and swelling from rheumatoid arthritis as per the study. Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease, which is caused by deformed and painful joints. Olive oil supplements help in lowering oxidative stress among people who are suffered from rheumatoid arthritis.
- Weight loss – As per the study, olive oil is not related to an increase weight or obesity. Mediterranean olive oil indicates a positive effect with a reduce in the weight of a human body as per research. The research proves that olive oil is beneficial in lowering weight.
- Decrease hypertension – As per research, olive oil contains unsaturated fats which help in reducing hypertension