Vitamin E – It is also known as Tocopherol (chemical name) and is fat or oil-soluble vitamin. Vitamin E is essential for the normal functioning and reproduction of muscles and the protection of the liver. It also supports the immune system and helps the cells to regenerate. Generally, vitamin E is known for its benefits in appearance and skin health.
Vitamin E can be applied topically to your face for reducing inflammation and makes the skin shine or looks younger. Vitamin E oil is used as an anti-aging treatment on your face. If you apply vitamin E oil before sleep at night then it can fully absorb. It also works as an antioxidant.
Sources of Vitamin E – The various sources of vitamin E are tomatoes, wheat germ oil, green leafy vegetables, butter, and milk.
Benefits of Vitamin E – There are some of the health benefits of vitamin E are as given below –
- It works as an antioxidant and protects your skin that is damaged by free radical formation.
- Due to the high amount of anti-oxidant, vitamin E also helps in the treatment for delaying wrinkles and is also known as photoaging as per the study.
- It is necessary for the normal functioning of the human body and plays an important role in the immune system. Vitamin E also neutralizes free radicals which damage cells at the genetic level.
- As per the study, vitamin E also helps in the treatment of acne scarring.
- It also prevents the production of ROS (Reactive Oxygen Species) due to it works as an anti-oxidant. ROS is a very reactive chemical molecule, which is formed by the electron acceptability of oxygen.
- It prevents the side-effects of ultra-violet that lowers the risk of developing skin cancer as per the study.
- Vitamin E oil helps in moisturizing the skin and it may offer temporary relief from the itching caused by dry skin as per the study.
- It may improve the dryness itching and flaking which is associated with atopic dermatitis and eczema.
- Vitamin E oil also prevent itching and burning that caused through the sunburn by moisturizing the dry or flaky skin
Deficiency of Vitamin E – There are some of the diseases that caused by the deficiency of vitamin E are as given below –
- It causes oxidative stress that can lead to weakness in muscles.
- As per the study, deficiency of vitamin E may inhibit the immune system cells of the human body.
- Lack of vitamin E may weaken light receptors in the retina and other cells in the eye that can lead to loss of vision.
- Deficiency of vitamin E may cause severely lower the absorption of fat due to the body needs fat to absorb vitamin E properly. Some of the diseases caused by the deficiency of vitamin E such as cystic fibrosis, celiac disease, cholestatic liver disease, and chronic pancreatitis.
- Lack of vitamin E also causes in babies born prematurely that have lower birth weights and less fat.
- It also causes in infants can lead to hemolytic anemia and destroys red blood cells.
Overdose of Vitamin E – There are some of the side-effects of excessive vitamin E which are as given below –
- The overdose of vitamin E may cause excessive thinning of blood that can lead to a fatal bleeding.
- It also increases the risk of hemorrhagic stroke that caused by bleeding in the brain.