Blood cancer – This type of cancer occurs when abnormal blood cells start growing out of control that interrupts the function of normal blood cells which helps in fight against infection and produce new blood cells. Most of the blood cancers start in the bone marrow where blood cancer is produced is also known as hematologic cancers.
Types of blood cancers – There are three main types of blood cancer are leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma.
- Leukemia – It is that type of blood cancer originates in the blood and bone marrow which occurs when the body creates several abnormal white blood cells. These abnormal white blood cells interfere with the ability of bone marrow to make red blood cells and platelets.
- Multiple myeloma – It is another type of blood cancer which starts in the blood’s plasma cells. Blood’s plasma cells are that type of blood cells which made in the bone marrow.
- Hodgskin lymphoma – It is that type of blood cancer which develops in the lymphatic system from cells is known as lymphocytes. This type of blood cancer is characterized by the presence of an abnormal lymphocyte known as the Reed-Sternberg cell.
- Non-Hodgskin lymphoma – It is that type of blood cancer which develops in the lymphatic system from cells known as lymphocytes. Lymphocytes are that type of blood cells which are used in fight against infections.
Symptoms of blood cancer – There are some of the symptoms of blood cancer which are as given below
- Problem in breathing
- Skin rash
- Weight loss
- Joint Pain
- Loss of appetite
- Night sweats
- Persistent fatigue
- Frequent infections
Treatment of blood cancer – The treatment of blood cancers which depend on the type of cancer, how fast the cancer is spreading in the body and age of an individual.
- Chemotherapy – In this type of treatment, it uses anticancer medicines which help in preventing the growth of cancer cells in the body. Chemotherapy may give before the stem cell transplant.
- Radiation therapy – This type of treatment helps in destroying cancer cells and relieve in pain or discomfort. Radiation therapy may also given before a stem cell transplant.
- Stem cell transplant – This type of treatment infuses healthy blood-forming stem cells into the body. Stem cells may be collected from the circulating blood, umbilical cord blood and bone marrow.