Now, there is a race of competition increases in youth for selection in competitive exams, gaining in percentage on board exams, got a job for earning money that creates stress especially in youth. Tension increases in marriage life, making a career, boy friend girlfriend relationship, and responsibility of how to manage family is also one of the main causes of stress. Now days, unemployment is one of the big cause of stress especially in youths.
What is stress – It is a feeling of physical tension or emotional which can come from any event or negative thought which makes feel nervous, frustrated and angry. Stress is the reaction of body when any change which need a response or adjustment. During stress the reaction of body changes with physical, mental and emotional responses. In other words, stress can be positive such as deadline of official project or when it helps to avoid danger. But when earlier stress occurs for a long time period then it may for our health.
How to reduce stress – There are some f the tips to reduce stress which are as given below –
- Listening music or favorite song – It is one of the important tips for reducing stress. Listening music are helpful in change the mood and feel relax that are beneficial in reducing stress. If you have problem of stress due to preparing board or competitive exams, interview in different companies for job, work pressure in office and many more. Thus listening music or favorite song helps in relaxing the mind, lowering heart rate and blood pressure which reduces stress. It also beneficial in reducing the stress hormones.
- Talk with someone – If you are very stressed due to any reason talk to parents and close friends that helps in reducing the stress. When you talk with any friend then helps in finding the solution of that problem which is responsible for stress.
- Yoga – It is one of the popular methods in reducing the stress with exercise for all age groups of person. As per study, it can helpful in reduce blood pressure, stress hormone levels and increase gamma-amino butyric acid (GABA), a neurotransmitter that lowers mood disorders.
- Daily exercise – It is most important physical activity that lowers the stress by reducing stress hormones such as cortisol, improving and sleep quality. You can feel confidence when exercise regularly that promotes mental happiness.
- Spend time with friends and family – If you are in stress then talk and discuss the problem with your family members and friends that helps in relieving from the stress.
- Watch comedy serial – If you are suffering from stress then watches comedy serial that helps in lowering stress which is also good for health.
- Cuddle – There are some other activities such as kissing, cuddling, hugging and sex with female partner which may beneficial in reducing stress as per study, It is a positive physical contact with your female partner can be used to release Oxytocin and reduce Cortisol which helps in decreasing blood pressure and heart rate that are one of the physical symptoms of stress. If you are married couple and have problem of stress then romantic talks and kiss with your female partner that can be beneficial in reducing stress.
- Chew gum – As per study, chewing gum helps in feeling relax by lowering stress. It also may promote wellbeing and relieve in stress.
- Get more sleep – Due to lack or insufficient sleep which is an important cause stress. If you have stress about your interview or official work then get more sleep which helps in lowering the stress and feel relax.
- Reduce caffeine intake – Caffeine is a stimulant which is present in tea, coffee and energy drinks. As per study, high doses of caffeine may increase anxiety and stress. Thus you should reduce the intake of caffeine for reducing stress and anxiety.