Mangoes are very popular as a king of fruit due to it is very sweet and tasty. It is also known for juicy fruit in summer season such as Maaza, Frooti,and Mango Shake are popular cold drinks in summer season which are made up of mangoes. Raw mangoes are used in making pickles which are very popular in India.
Mangoes are available in several varieties in shape, size, color and sweetness that depending on the cultivator. It is one of the natural fruit of Asia and official national fruit of the Philippines. The scientific name of mango is Mangifera indica.
Alphonso mango is also known as king of mangoes which is cultivating in our country due to rich in flavor, high sweetness, and very tasty fruit. This type of mangoes is available and mostly cultivated in the western part of our country, including Ratnagiri and Raigad, and the Konkan region of India.
Health benefits of mangoes –
There are some of the health benefits of mangoes which are discussed below –
- Improve immune system – There are large amount of vitamin C and vitamin A are present in mango which are beneficial to maintain healthy immune system. Mangos are also used in boosting immunity that prevents the cold/flu problem and corona virus.
- Promotes healthy eye – Large amount of beta-carotene are present in mangoes which helps in the production of vitamin A. The powerful antioxidants are found in mangoes that are beneficial in boosting eye health by preventing vision problem and age-related macular degeneration or loss of vision.
- Lower cholesterol – The great source of pectin and vitamin C in mangoes that are helpful in lowering the bad LDL cholesterol in out body and also good for heart health. Mangiferin is a compound is found in mango that decreases the LDL cholesterol and increases the good HDl cholesterol.
- Prevent several types of cancer – As per study there are some of the antioxidant compounds such as gallic acid, methyl gallate, fisetin, quercetin, isoquercitrin, and astragalin and are found in mango that are beneficial in preventing several types of cancers such as prostate cancer, colon cancer, blood cancer and breast cancer. It also rich in dietary fiber called as pectin that prevents the cancer cell growth as per research.
- Good for skin – Mangoes has great source of vitamin A and vitamin C that work as an antioxidants that prevents pimples and acne. It is also contain large amount of antioxidants that also prevents skin ageing and pigmentation.
- Healthy brain – High level of vitamin B6 are present in mangoes that are beneficial in healthy brain and keeping a healthy nervous system. It lowers stress and increases the mood. Mango also has glutamine acid which improves memory and concentration.
- Prevents heat stroke – Mangoes also beneficial in preventing heat stroke during summer season by refreshing and cools down after taking this fruit. “Aam ka Panna” is one of the popular Indian drink that helps in preventing heat stroke during very hot season.
- Reduce blood pressure – Potassium are present in mango that are beneficial in lowering blood pressure and hypertension which is also good for heart.
- Reducing weight – Mangoes are rich in fibers thatare beneficial in burning extras calorie by improving the digestive function that helps in lowering the weight
- Improve digestion – High level of fibers are present in mangoes which are beneficial in good digestion and prevents several stomach related diseases. High fiber in mangoes also prevents constipation which is also good for digestion.
- Healthy hair – Great amount of vitamin E are found in mangoes that increases the circulation of blood and beneficial for healthy hair.
- Control diabetes – As per study, fiber and mangiferin are present in mangoes that helps in maintain or control diabetes which is also good for healthy heart. Due to ant diabetic properties, it is beneficial in controlling the diabetes level in blood as per research.
- Good for heart – Mangoes are helpful in lowering blood pressure and cholesterol which is good for heart health. It also maintains or control diabetes in body that are helpful in good heart health.
- Lower the risk of kidney stones – High level of vitamin B6 may reduce urinary oxalate stones as per study. The potassium are present in mangoes are helpful in lowering the risk of kidney stones as per research.
- Improve healthy sex – Great source of vitamin E are present in mangoes which is known to boost sex drive. As per research, the combination of beta-carotene and vitamin E are used in improve sperm health in men. This type of combination is best for protect against sperm damage.