Obesity is a persistent health hazard because a person having obesity which may be suffer from the disease connected with the heart and blood vessels called as cardiovascular diseases such as hypertension (high blood pressure), arteriosclerosis (blockage of arteries), and coronary attack (heart attack).
It has been found that obese persons are generally having more cholesterol in the blood. Cholesterol is a fatty substance in which it deposits in the blood arteries of the obese or fat person. Because the deposition of the cholesterol, the route of arteries becomes narrow and causes obstacle to the normal flow of blood through them. Due to this restricted flow of blood through the arteries of an obese person causes several diseases such as hypertension, arteriosclerosis and coronary attack and may even lead to death.
Obese people should not take saturated fats such as ghee, butter because these saturated fats will increase the level of cholesterol in the blood and increase cardiovascular problems. Obese people are advised to take diets containing unsaturated fats such as edible oil (ground-nut oil) because these oils contain unsaturated and essential acids which are effective in lowering the cholesterol level in the blood. A well controlled balanced diet and physical exercise can help in reducing obesity which is caused by over-eating of food.
Several Health risks of obesity –
Obesity is a disease in which a high amount of body fat increases which increases the chance of developing medical problems.
There is several health risks of obesity are discussed below –
- High blood pressure
- High blood glucose (sugar) or diabetes such as type 2 diabetes.
- High LDL cholesterol, low HDL cholesterol, or high levels of triglycerides (Dyslipidemia).
- Heart attacks due to coronary heart disease, heart failure, and stroke
- Breathing problem during sleep such as sleep apnea which can cause daytime fatigue or sleepiness, poor attention, and problems at work.
- Bone and joint problems due to more weight puts pressure on the bones and joints. It can lead to osteoarthritis, a disease that causes joint pain and stiffness.
- Gallstones prblem
- Some cancers such as breast, kidney, endometrial, colon, gallbladder, and liver
- Mental illness such as anxiety, clinical depression, and other mental disorders.
- Liver problem occur in which fat builds up in the liver and can cause inflammation or scarring
- Gynecological problems, such as infertility and irregular periods.