It is an augmented reality (AR) mobile game which is developed by Niantic for Android and iOS devices. As per company, it was first launched in several countries in July 2016, and in other countries in future next few months. The game uses the mobile device GPS to capture, locate, battle, and train virtual creatures, called Pokémon, that appear as if they are in the player’s real-world location. The game is free to play anduses a freemium business model which supports in-app purchases for additional in-game items. The game released at about 150 species of Pokémon, which had increased to over 460 by 2019.
It combines the mapping capabilities of the other sites with a social element. The player can connect the social accounts to the map, or also player can chat to other Pokémon players using the built-in chat function.
The map shows Gyms (in red) and Pokéstops in blue. User can button either of these off to show just one or other. It can help user to plan a trip, or discover if a location user travels to is a Pokéstop. When user Clicks on a specific Pokéstop or Gym , it will show what the stop looks like and user can make notes, or share the stop with other users. The map also allow user to search for postcodes.
User can also use another app to use the service on the go. It is not affiliated with Pokémon Go or Niantic.
How to use it – There are several methods to install and use Pokeman go map which are discussed below –
- First of all download Git for Windows from the link above and install it. You will be recommended several options during the setup.
- After that download Python 220.127.116.11 of 64bit or the 32bit version from the above link. Add Python to PATH during the setup.
- If you want to download PokemonGo-Map then this guide will be using for downloading folder. After that right click inside the folder and choose Git Bash Here from the context menu. After that you can copy the following command and paste it with a right click into the shell window that has opened.
- Now visit this page for getting your own Google Maps API Key. If you do not get your own API Key then you will very probable to be run into an error telling you that you reached the daily request limit. If you got your own API Key then open the credentials.json file which is inside the PokemonGo-Map folder. Now you can edit that file with Windows’ built in text editor. After that you replace the API Key in line 6 with the one you got from that Google website.
- Now Press WindowsKey + PAUSE on the keyboard and choose Advanced System Settings from the left side menu. Click Environmental Variables which is place at the bottom of that window.
- Now you start the Pokeman go map.
Pokemon Go Map for Pokestops – A latest feature in Pokémon GO allows user to submit requests for new locations that could turn into a PokéStop or Gym. Let us discuss in detail How to add a new PokéStop in Pokémon GO
- First of all go to the location
- After that move the orange PokéStop symbol to the exact point on the map where the location or object is and tap Confirm.
- Now take a photo of the object and the surrounding area for context.
- Add a Title and Description.
The final step is to enter additional information explaining that why nominated location is important for user, what users can expect to see there and generally help the reviewers to decide whether to reject or approve the request.
Pokemon Go Raid Map – It is the way to find a Pokémon Go raid battle is to maintain checking the “Nearby” tab on the Pokémon Go app. This will helps in good indication of what raid battles are near to you. Ifyou’ll want to focus on this bit of the app then after Mewtwo or any of the legendary birds.
TheGymHuntr and PokémonGoMap are Pokémon Go raid maps which are daily updated, so you try to one of those if you want to find a gym nearby then I will help you locate one of the above group of four. With Niantic ongoing to crack down on third-party apps, it is possible that many of these raid trackers will no longer be useful. The company will continue to update this page with new and working apps.
Pokemon go google map – If you freshly updated Pokémon Go then you should have noticed the in-game map looking very different because the tremendously popular mobile game has finally cut loose Google Maps in favor of using OpenStreetMap (OSM) for its in-game display.
Gamemaker Niantic, a Google company, had been using Google Maps for overworld landscaping.
The update was first marked by users in Australia and quickly authenticated by a Reddit thread from Canada. The United States, South America and several Asian countries have already confirmed the visual changes.