Eggs – Eggs are commonly eaten in the winter season. The omelet and boiled eggs are popular in breakfast. It is rich in minerals, vitamins and beneficial for keeping healthy and covered by the eggshell which is laid by female animals such as birds, amphibians, fish, reptiles and may more. It has a hard shell, albumen called as egg white), vitellus, called as egg yolk and thin membranes. Mostly the eggs of chicken are commonly eaten by the people.
Health benefits of eggs – There are several advantages of eating eggs are as given below
- The carotenoid contents are present in the egg such as lutein and zeaxanthin which is beneficial in reducing the risk of cataracts.
- An egg per day offers at about 6 grams of high quality protein with 9 necessary amino acids.
- Daily consumption eggs which decreases the risk of presence of the breast cancer.
- Eggs contain iron which is beneficial for the body cells to transport more oxygen and maintains the hemoglobin level.
- An egg has omega-3 fatty acids that decrease the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- There are rich source of sulphur, vitamins and minerals in egg which helps in growth of the healthy hair and nails.
- Egg contains vitamin A which prevents the ageing process.
- Vitamin D is present in egg which keeps the bones and teeth healthy and prevents the osteoporosis and tooth decay.
- Egg contains zinc which is the most necessary mineral helps in keeping the body immune system.
- It is beneficial in maintaining strong, healthy and energetic whole day and life.
- Egg yolk has choline which is beneficial in encouraging the functioning and growth of brain and increases the memory power.
- The antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin are present in the egg yolks which is beneficial for the eye healthy.
- Eggs contain protein which helps in repairing the body tissues and maintains muscles healthy which provides skin to glow. It also beneficial for the formation of enzymes, antibodies and hormones in the body.
- Choline (B-complex vitamin) is present in egg which decreases the inflammation.
Disadvantages of eggs – There are some disadvantages of eggs are as given below
- Eggs is rich in calorie thus it contains fat and cholesterol. It increases the blood cholesterol which is threat for heart diseases.
- It has Saturated fat which increases the risk of heart diseases.
- There is a high calorie in egg which increases weight gain if eaten more eggs per day.
- An egg contains bacterium (salmonella) which causes food borne illness, diarrhea, fever, and abdominal cramps.