Physical Therapy – It is also called physiotherapy, is one of the allied health professionals and is provided by the physical therapist that encourages restore, or maintains health through physical examinations diagnosis disease prevention, rehabilitation, prognosis, patient education, and health promotion. Physical therapy helps people in recovering from an injury, maintain or develop restore maximum movement of the body. It can also deal with a chronic condition and help in preventing future injury.
Physical therapy is also used to expertise in the movement of the body and exercise, which helps to fight disorder, injury, and many more with needs supervision from an expert. This therapy may help one become more strong, flexible, and support mobility, and lowering the risk of an injury. The work of a physical therapist is to take care of patients in all stages of therapeutic from initial diagnosis by the restorative and preventive stage of recovery.
The purpose of physical therapy is to relieve pain and help move function and live better. Physical therapy is used to
- Improve movement or ability
- Relieve pain
- Prevent disability or surgery
- Rehab, after an accident, surgery, or injury
- Manage a long-lasting disease including arthritis, diabetes, and heart disease
Benefits of Physical Therapy – There are several benefits of physical therapy are given below –
- It helps in recovering from stroke and paralysis.
- It helps in improving posture and balance of the body.
- It supports in pain management
- It helps in recovering from injury and trauma.
- It helps in the management of age-related medical problems.