Mussoorie – It is situated in the state of Uttrakhand in the Himalayan Range which is at about 35 km to Dehradun (Capital city of Uttrakhand). It is one of the popular hill stations in all over India. Majority of the tourist visited Mussoorie from March to November. There were several restaurants for refreshment, and markets for shopping in the Mussoorie.
The average altitude of a Mussorie is about 1,880 metres (6,170 ft). It is popularly called as The Queen of the Hills in our country.
There are several tourist places across Mussoorie are as discussed below
- Kempty falls – It is one of the famous tourist places in Mussoorie and is surrounded by mountains ranges at a height of 4500 feet. . Kempty fall is about 15 km from Mussoorie on the Chakrata route. The water flows from the waterfall creates the sound which attracts the visitors to visit. It is about 1364 meters from the sea level at 78°-02’East longitude and 30° -29’North latitude. John Mekinan, a British officer was developed Kempty falls as a tourist spot at about 1835.The name Kempty is possibly from the word ‘camp-tea.
- Jharipani falls – It is one of the popular falls and is situated nearly to Mussoorie. Jharipani falls is suitable for those who love enjoying picnic, trekking and natural lovers. If you will come to holidays in Mussoorie, must visit Jharipani falls.
- Mossy fall – It is another tourist place in Mussoorie and situated in a dense forest. Mossy Falls is nearly 7km from Mussoorie on the Bala Hisar road. If you natural lover then visit Mossy fall enjoy beautiful views, peaceful environments and capturing attractive scenes.
- Bhatta Falls – It is one of the famous tourist places and it is placed at about 7 km away from Mussoorie. Bhatta Falls is a pretty space, away from the pains of commercialization. Now, this place has converted into a enjoyable picnic spot in which visitors like to spend a lot of time. A beautiful background for photographers is in this place where beautiful views of the mountains and the waterfall.
- Mussoorie Lake – It is a beautiful tourist spot especially for children. In this tourist spot, there is an artificial lake which has been attractively developed by the authorities and tourist can enjoy in boating with fascinating beautiful views.
- Lal Tibba – It is situated at an height of 8000 meter above the sea level and is the highest peak of the Mussoorie in which tourist watch the amazing views of the Himalayan range which is covered with snow. In this tourist spot, the Japanese telescope is installed and people can enjoy the beauty of the region. Lal tibba is famous for the marvelous views of the Himalayan range of Kedarnath and Badrinath. Due to this it is one of the popular tourist places in Mussoorie.
- Gun Hill – It is another popular tourist place in which the cable car rides between Jhula Ghar and Gun Hill in 10 minutes. From ropeway visitors enjoys the incredible views of the mountains and Doon valley. Tourists can enjoy amazing views of sunset during riding the car.
- Happy Valley – It is also popular tourist place with full of amazing views. Tourist also watches the Municipal Garden and the Tibetan Temple in this point.
- Camel’s Back Road – This tourist place for also views amazing views during walking. The formation and shape of the road is like as Camel hunched back so its name is Camel’s Back Road. This road begins between the Liberty Point and Kulri Bazaar is about 3km and attracts visitors due to the marvelous views of the Doon valley and several restaurants for hot snacks at there.
- Dhanaulti – It is situated at a height of 2,286m and is about 32km from Mussoorie. In this place, tourist watches memorable views of the daunting Himalayas. There is also Eco Twin Park, large green space and rides for children. I