Ice cream – Ice cream is very famous sweet dish for kids during the summer season. Normally it is made up of milk. There are different varieties of ice creams flavors such as butter scotch, vanilla, tutti fruiti, blue moon, and chocolate ice cream and many more flavors. It is also famous in marriage ceremony, and birthday parties.
There are several advantages of consuming ice cream are given below
- Excellent source of energy – Ice cream is a best source of energy which contains carbohydrates, fats and proteins to produce energy. If an individual gain weight or very weak then consuming an ice cream.
- Lower the risk of cancer – Ice cream is a made up of milk and milk is a rich source of energy which increases the immunity power to fight with cancer. The calcium content are present in ice cream also benefits in reducing the risk of colon cancer.
- Change the mood – Ice cream has a compound which excites the thrombotonin. Thrombotonin is a hormone which changes the mood and is beneficial for lower the stress in the body. As we know ice cream is made up of milk which contains L-tryptophan. It is useful in curing the insomnia, relaxing the nervous system and stimulates the brain.
- Rich in vitamins – Ice cream contains high source of vitamins A, B-6, B-12, C, D, and E. Ice cream also has vitamin K, which cures blood clotting. Ice cream also contains antioxidants, niacin, thiamine, and riboflavin. These nutrients support the immune system, improve organ and nerve functions.
- Source of energy – Ice cream is rich in carbohydrates, fats, and protein which are used in providing great source of energy. It is also helpful in gaining a weight.
- Rich in minerals – Ice cream also has minerals such as calcium and phosphorus. The calcium is used for strong bones and lowers the risk of kidney stones.
There are some disadvantages of ice creams are given below
- High source of saturated fat – Ice cream contains rich in fat and saturated fat. The saturated fat is very harmful and causes to cardiovascular diseases due to arterial blockage and increase the risk of heart attacks and strokes. The saturated also increases the weight which is lead to several diseases.
- Increase the cholesterol – Excess consuming ice cream which is also leads to increase the cholesterol level in the body. High cholesterol increases the risk of heart attacks which are very harmful.
- Rise in blood sugar level – The sugar in ice cream also lead to increase the sugar level in blood and that’s also leads to diabetes. The diabetes is harmful for hearts and leads to cardiovascular diseases.
In this discussion of advantages and disadvantages of ice cream we conclude that ice cream is full of minerals and vitamins which are benefits of health. But excess amount of consuming ice cream leads to several diseases especially cardiovascular diseases which is very harmful due to its contain saturated fat.