An intake adequate amount of vitamin D or Vitamin D supplements can help in lowering weight by suppressing or reducing appetite.
What is Vitamin D
It is a fat-soluble vitamin that helps in maintaining calcium and phosphorus and improves immunity of the body. Vitamin D plays a significant role to maintain proper bone structure. The skin of the human body produces vitamin D when it is exposed to sunlight in the morning or afternoon. When you are exposed to sunlight, vitamin D is stored and then released during the absence of sunlight. Vitamin D is also important to maintain strong teeth and bones and also plays a significant role in the better immune system of the human body.
There are sources of vitamin D are egg yolk, liver, fish oils, and many more. Most health professionals suggested getting about 5 to 30 minutes of sunlight exposure regularly or taking a vitamin D supplement that prevents vitamin D deficiency due to vitamin D is not present naturally in foods. It can be difficult to get a suitable amount of vitamin D from food because rich sources of this vitamin are rare. Thus, most people do not get enough amount of vitamin D and they suffer from vitamin D deficiency. To prevent or lower the risk of vitamin D deficiency, most individuals take vitamin D supplements as per consult with their doctors. There are many types of vitamin D such as vitamin D2 (ergocalciferol) and vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol).
Benefits of Vitamin D
There are several benefits of vitamin D are given below –
- Weight loss – An intake large amount of vitamin D may be beneficial in reducing weight and is good for health. People with obesity may have a great chance of low levels of vitamin D. As per a study, individuals with high weight get more weight loss by using vitamin D supplements as compared with following the low diet plan. Many research suggests that additional vitamin D and calcium can have a property of appetite-suppressing effect that can help in reducing weight. Studies have also found that individuals who are suffering from vitamin D deficiency have an increased risk of obesity which is linked with several diseases. Thus, you should take a vitamin D-rich diet and increase exposure to sunlight with morning exercise which is beneficial in reducing weight and may lower the risk of obese-related diseases.
- Strengthen immune system – An adequate consumption of vitamin D can help in maintaining and strengthening the immune system and lower the risk of viral infections or autoimmune diseases which is good for health. It stimulates the production of T-cells that helps in promoting a proper response to infectious pathogens such as fungus, viruses, bacteria, and many more that are the main causes of illness including influenza, common cold, and many other infectious diseases. As per scientists, vitamin D plays a significant role in improving the immune function of the human body.
- Strong bones and teeth – Vitamin D may encourage the absorption of calcium in the human body which plays a vital role in making strong bones and teeth. As per the study, a high amount of calcium can be beneficial in maintaining strong teeth and bones. An insufficient of calcium in the diet may cause joint pain due to the early start of osteoarthritis. Thus, you should take an adequate amount of vitamin D or vitamin D supplements for your healthy bones and teeth.
- Improve brain function – As per research, it is found that vitamin D helps in protecting neurons that may reduce inflammation inside the brain. Vitamin D is beneficial in activating and deactivating the synthesis of neurotransmitters and nerve growth. These factors may help in improving the entire functions of the brain. It is also beneficial in encouraging alertness and fast response time. The research found that those individuals who had less amount of vitamin D performed worse as compared with those people who had a satisfactory amount of vitamin D. In this way, vitamin D is beneficial in improving the whole functions of the brain.
- Boosts mood – Vitamin D helps in boosting mood, especially during depression or stress. As per research, the signs of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) can be associated with less amount of vitamin D. Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) is a mood disorder and is the main sign of depression. Several studies revealed that a low level of vitamin D can affect the level of serotonin in the brain. Serotonin is a hormone, which maintains the mood. If you can enhance your exposure to sunlight and take vitamin D supplements then it may be beneficial in boosting your mood and preventing or lowering the risk of stress or depression.
- Reduce blood pressure – Many studies indicated that there is a link between high blood pressure and a low level of vitamin D. As per research, the deficiency of vitamin D may cause high blood pressure, which is the main cause of heart attack or stroke. Thus, you should take a vitamin D-rich diet or enhanced exposure to sunlight that helps in reducing hypertension and lowering the chances of developing heart disease. You can also take vitamin D supplements to reduce high blood pressure.
- Lower the risk of type 2 diabetes – Several studies confirm the link between type 2 diabetes and vitamin D deficiency, the resistance of the body to insulin. Type-2 diabetes is also responsible for heart disease. You can lower the risk of type-2 diabetes by overcoming insulin resistance. Thus, if you can take an adequate amount of vitamin D then it may improve insulin and is beneficial in reducing the development of type -2 diabetes that also prevents heart diseases.
- Decrease the risk of heart diseases – Many research may found that the level of vitamin D may enhance the chances to develop the peripheral arterial disease, heart attack or stroke, and many more. Thus, a high amount of vitamin D may be beneficial in reducing the risk of developing heart disease. Vitamin D can also play a significant role in lowering weight or preventing obesity which is related to several heart diseases. Thus, you should take a suitable amount of vitamin D that prevents or decreases the risk of cardiovascular diseases and is beneficial for your health.
Conclusions – Vitamin D supplement is beneficial in reducing weight or preventing obesity that is related to severe diseases. You should take a satisfactory amount of vitamin D, vitamin D supplements, and enhanced exposure to sunlight which can maintain strong bones, better immunity, reduce the risk of heart diseases, and many more.
One Comment Add yours
Reblogged this on All About Writing and more.