Artificial Intelligence – It is defined as the development of computer systems, which are capable of performing several tasks that are needed for human intelligence including object detection, solving complex problems, decision-making, and many more.
Types of Artificial Intelligence based on capabilities – There are several types of artificial intelligence that are based on capabilities are discussed below –
- Narrow AI – It is also known as weak AI that concentrates on one narrow task and cannot perform beyond its limitations. This type of AI is the most widely used that stimulates human intelligence to perform a single specific task within a limited context. In this type of artificial intelligence, the machine does not possess any thinking capability and just only performs a set of pre-defined functions. Examples of this type of artificial intelligence are Alexa, Self-driving cars, Siri, and many more.
- General AI – It is also called as a strong AI that may learn and understand any intellectual task that a human being can. This type of artificial intelligence allows a machine for applying skills and knowledge in several contexts. In this type of artificial intelligence, the machine possesses the capability of thinking that making decisions just like as a human being. Now, there are no examples of this type of artificial intelligence but it is believed that our scientists will be capable to create machines, which are as smart as human beings.
- Super AI – This type of artificial intelligence surpasses human intelligence and can perform any task better than a human. In this type of artificial intelligence, it evolved to be so similar to the sentiments and experiences of humans with emotions, and desires of its own. But its existence is still imaginary. There are several important characteristics of super AI such as solving puzzles, thinking, making decisions and judgments, and many more.
Types of Artificial Intelligence based on Functionalities – There are several types of artificial intelligence that are based on functionalities are given below –
- Reactive Machine – It is the main form of artificial intelligence which does not store memories or use past experiences for determining future actions and works only with present data. This type of artificial intelligence provides specific tasks and does not have abilities beyond those tasks.
- Limited Memory – This type of artificial intelligence has a short-lived memory that can learn its immediate past experiences to excel in a particular task but cannot be made detailed libraries of its experiences. These machines have a static memory for storing a specific representation of the world which applies to their task. This type of artificial intelligence has a dynamic memory in which they store only immediate past experiences or short-term memories. It can use past data for a particular period but it cannot add it to a library of their experiences so this type of technology is used in self-driving vehicles.
- Theory of mind – This type of artificial intelligence represents an advanced class of technology that exists only as a concept. It also requires a full understanding that people can change feelings and behaviors. This type of artificial intelligence should understand people’s sentiments, thoughts, and emotions.
- Self–Awareness – This type of artificial intelligence only exists in hypothetically. In this type of artificial intelligence, it understands the stares, internal traits, conditions, and observes human emotions. This type of machine will be smarter as compared with the human mind. It will be super intelligent and will have its own sentiments, consciousness, and self-awareness.