Introduction – Presently, the winter is coming which makes dull, dry, and pale skin. If the temperature decreases then the skin loses natural oil and moisture that becomes rough and dry. So, you should take care of your skin health in the winter season. Due to severe pollution in the winter season, it may also affect your skin severely.
There are some of the tips to retain moisture on our skin during the winter season are discussed below –
- Eggs – Most people use eggs as a moisturizer which contains water and fatty acids and is beneficial for your skin health. The white part of eggs helps in tightening pores due to their astringent properties. You can also mix egg with yogurt, olive oil, and honey that apply to your skin as a face mask to retain moisture.
- Take a healthy diet – You should take a large number of seasonal vegetables and fruits that are beneficial for your skin. Berries contain a great source of antioxidants and vitamins that help in glowing skin. In a healthy diet, you can also take fruits, salads, milk, and juices that helps in keeping hydrated your skin if you did not intake a sufficient amount of water in the winter season.
- Wash your face with Luke warm water – During the severe cold season, hot showers can relax your muscles but it also makes your skin flaky and dry. If your skin is more sensitive then its effects are more adverse. Thus, you should wash your face with Luke warm water that feels not too much cold and retain the moisture level in your face during the winter season.
- Drink water daily – In the winter season, you may drink less water due to feeling less dehydrated or thirst. Thus, you lose water from the body without realizing it and makes dry or rough skin. So, you should drink a large amount of water regularly that helps in retaining the moisture and make your skin glow during the severe cold.
- Coconut oil – Coconut oil acts as an excellent moisturizer for dull and dry skin. A few drops of warm oil, massage on the face and leave it for 15 to 20 minutes. After that, you can wash your face with soap overnight. Later, add some sugar to your oil and apply it to exfoliate your skin. A few drops of coconut oil may help calm or irritate the skin around your nose to blow your nose constantly.
- Apply Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera gel is another natural remedy for several illnesses that encourage the overall health of the hair and skin. This type of gel acts as a great moisturizer due to its non-greasy feel. It also helps in preventing wrinkles and acne on the skin that helps in glowing your skin in the winter season.
- Protect your skin in severe cold – If you are travelling in the winter season then should need to protect your skin from the cold wind. Thus, you should wear caps and wear gloves, and do not forget your sunscreen lotion. During the severe cold, the warm sun rays feel lovely but the ultraviolet rays may harm your skin. So, you should select a sunscreen, which contains zinc oxide or titanium dioxide.
Conclusion – These are several tips that help in maintaining your skin glow during the winter season. If you follow all these tips then it is beneficial for your skin in the severe cold season.