There are some severe diseases which are also responsible for heart problems and other diseases in all over the world including India. Diabetes is one of the diseases which is harmful for the heart health.
Diabetes – It is one of the metabolic disorders that occur when the level of sugar in the blood is very high. As we know glucose is one of the main sources of energy that from the food we eat and the pancreas produces a hormone known as insulin can be used for converting the glucose which comes from the food into energy. If the body does not produce sufficient insulin that converts the glucose into energy then sugar level rises in our body which is known as diabetes. Diabetes is very harmful for our health as it affects the heart health which is responsible for heart attack or stroke.
It is important to note that there is no treatment of diabetes but takes several steps for reducing blood sugar and becomes healthy.
Types of diabetes – There are different type of diabetes which are discussed below –
- Type 1 diabetes – In this type of diabetes, the immune system of the body destroys and attacks cells in the pancreas where insulin is made. Normally, this type of diabetes was diagnosed in children and young adults that means it may occur in any age. Around 10 percent of people are suffered with this type of diabetes. If any individual who are suffering from type-1 diabetes then need to take insulin daily to stay alive.
- Type 2 diabetes – In this type of diabetes, it may occur when the level of sugar in the blood is too high and the cells become insensitive to insulin. It is one of the most common form of diabetes that occurs older and middle-aged people.
- Gestational diabetes – In this type of diabetes, it may occur some women during pregnancy However, most of the cases of Gestational diabetes are prevented after the baby is born. It is important to note that if any women are suffered with this type of diabetes when they are pregnant then it may increase the risk of developing type-2 diabetes in future.
Symptoms of diabetes – There are some of the symptoms of diabetes are as given below –
- Loss of vision
- Increase appetite
- Reduce in weight
- Increased thirst
- Frequent urination
Causes of diabetes –Generally, several causes of diabetes which depend upon the health, family history, environmental factors, ethnicity, family history and genetic makeup.
There are some of the causes of diabetes in different type of diabetes are as given below –
- Type 1 diabetes – This type of diabetes is caused by the immune system of the body that destroys the cells in the pancreas where insulin produces. In Type-1 diabetes, the body is attacking itself so it is also known as autoimmune cause. There is no exact cause of type-1 diabetes. But there are some other causes of this type of diabetes such as bacterial or viral infection, chemical toxins in food, anonymous component causing autoimmune reaction
- Type-2 diabetes – This type of diabetes is mainly caused by family history that is the major and common causes. There are several other causes which increase the risk of developing type-2 diabetes such as obesity, lifestyle, increase in age, bad diet, smoking and drinking
- Gestational diabetes – The causes of gestational diabetes are not known. However, there are several other causes that increases the risk of developing this type of diabetes such as suffer from polycystic ovary syndrome, obesity, large weight of baby over 9Ib, family history of gestational diabetes in any women
Diabetes difficulties – If the sugar level in the blood is high then it damages organs and tissues throughout the body. Higher the blood sugar that increase the risk for complications or difficulties for any individual.
There are some of the problems which are associated with diabetes are as given below –
- Hearing Loss
- Increase the risk of heart attack
- Loss of vision
Prevention – To prevent diabetes, we should reduce or maintain the blood sugar level by several physical exercises, avoid drink or smoking and taking insulin daily. There are some other activities to prevent the diabetes are as given below –
- Regular take insulin injections
- Prescribed medicines
- Avoid fatty or spicy food
- Reduce weight
- Physical exercise