Green tea – Green tea is gradually popular tea in India due to its good health benefits. It is originated in China and is prepared from the leaves of Camellia sinensis. The manufacture of the green tea has spread to several countries in Asia including India. There are many varieties of green tea but they differ which is based on the growing conditions, the procedure of production, and the time of harvest.
Advantages of intake green tea – There are several health benefits of green tea which are as given below –
- Lower cholesterol – Green tea is helpful in reducing the cholesterol level (LDL bad cholesterol) in the body which also lowers the risk of heart attack and strokes.
- Maintain blood pressure – Green tea controls the blood pressure which lowers the risk of high blood pressure and heart diseases.
- Reduce Weight – It also beneficial in burning the fat and lowering the weight through exercise as per research. Green tea also increases the metabolic rate and burning the fat in less time as per research. If you control or reduce the weight then daily take green tea.
- Prevent cancer – It contains antioxidants property which lowers the several types of cancers such as lung, skin, breast, liver, colon, and pancreas as per research.
- Healthy heart – It decreases the LDL bad cholesterol, control sugar level in blood and maintain blood pressure which decreases the risk of heart diseases.
- Improve brain function – It has amino acid L-theanine which is helpful in improve the working of brain. L-theanine raises the activity of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA, which has anti-anxiety effects. It also raises dopamine and the production of alpha waves in the brain.
- Control blood sugar – It maintains or controls sugar level in blood and lower the risk of increase sugar level in blood and diabetes.
- Healthy Teeth – The catechins are present in green tea prevent the development of bacteria and viruses which decreases the infections and improve dental health. It also reduces caries and bad breath.
- Prevent Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease – The bioactive compounds are present in green tea which have several positive effects on neurons and lower the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s. These are the two most common neurodegenerative disorders.
- Decreases free radicals – It decreases the development of free radicals in the body, protecting the cells and molecules. These free radicals cause in aging in humans.
- Prevent Type II Diabetes – As we know we discuss that it decreases the sugar level in blood and also reduce the risk of type II diabetes for a long time.
- Improve health – Green tea contains bioactive compounds which have several positive effects on health.
Disadvantages of green tea – There are few disadvantages of taking large amount green tea are given below
- Due to caffeine present in green tea, it causes insomnia.
- Taking a large amount of green tea, it harms the liver and kidney.
- When green tea taken in empty stomach daily cause nausea, insomnia, frequent urination, constipation and upset stomach.
- It also causes serious problems in the people having peptic ulcer.
- Unnecessary intake of green tea causes diarrhea.
- Daily large consumption of green tea prevents the calcium absorption in the bones which leads to the osteoporosis.