Atrial Fibrillation – It is one of the heart or arrhythmia rhythm disorders because of an irregular heartbeat. This heart problem occurs in any individual due to it is related to the electrical activity of the heart that can cause mild for severe symptoms such as palpitations, and dizziness, or fatigue.
However, some people do not experience any symptoms due to Atrial Fibrillation. This problem, increases the risk of stroke and getting it properly diagnosed. The treatment of atrial fibrillation is very important because it is a fatal disease that increases the risk of heart failure and stroke.
Causes of Atrial Fibrillation – There are some of the causes of atrial fibrillation which are as given below –
- Abnormal heart valves
- Viral infections
- High blood pressure
- Sleep apnea
- Past heart surgery
- Any heart attack
- Coronary heart valves
Risk factors of atrial treatment – Several risk factors that may increases the risk of developing atrial fibrillation are as given below –
- Increase in age
- High blood pressure
- Take a large amount of alcohol
- Family history
- Lung disease
- Thyroid disease
Symptoms of Atrial Fibrillation – There are some of the symptoms of atrial fibrillation which are as given below –
- Chest pain
- Lower ability to physical exercise
- Breathing problem
Some treatment techniques of atrial fibrillation – Several techniques are used in the treatment of atrial fibrillation are as given below –
- Catheter Ablation – A catheter ablation is a marginally surgical process, which can tremendously improvement in the symptoms of atrial fibrillation. This technique is beneficial for those people who are suffered from severe symptoms of atrial fibrillation and medicines are not effective. This treatment is one of the methods in which passing a very fine catheter (wires) through a vein that is placed at the top of the leg into the heart. During treatment, electrodes are linked with the tip of the wires that are used in measuring electrical signals in the heart and identify affected areas. Catheter Ablation can be performed through a general anesthetic or local anesthetic with sedation. This process is one of the fastest treatment techniques in which normally patients can go home on a similar day or the next day morning. The success rate of catheter ablation is around 60 to 90 percent that depending on the severity of the atrial ablation. Several patients may need more than one procedure to be performed during treatment.
- Pacemaker – It is one of the small implanted devices that is located in the chest. A pacemaker helps in control abnormal rhythms and maintain the heartbeat through electrical impulses for a heartbeat at a normal rate instantly
- Electrical cardioversion – This technique is beneficial in the treatment of atrial fibrillationThis process involved delivering a small electrical shock for atrial fibrillation treatment through restoring the heart to a normal rhythm. Electrical cardioversion is done by using pads on the chest. This treatment is very safe and rapid that takes a few minutes. Electrical cardioversion is a long-term procedure for the treatment of atrial fibrillation.
- Cryoballoon – This technique is another option for the treatment of atrial fibrillation. Cryoballoon is performed in a similar as compared with catheter ablation but rather than delivering heat. This procedure uses the technology of freezing a balloon to prevent the signals that trigger atrial fibrillation by entering the heart.
- Medication – Several medicines are available in reducing the risk of stroke and help in controlling the Atrial Fibrillation. Normally, drugs are used in the treatment of atrial fibrillation. If you feel any side-effects of any medicines then it is necessary to consult with your doctor.
Conclusions -If you are suffering from atrial fibrillation then there are several techniques or procedures are used in the treatment of atrial fibrillation which is discussed in this blog.