Noise pollution – Any unwanted harsh and loud sound which is irritating, uncomfortable and damages the hearing capacity reduces concentration and work efficiency is called noise. This type of noise which is produced by transport, machines, and loud speaker in the road is called noise pollution.
Effect of noise pollution – There are some adverse effects of noise pollution which are discussed below
- Noise pollution reduces or damage the hear capacity of a person. Prolonged exposure to loud noise cause gradual hearing loss and ultimately leads to deafness. A sudden loud noise from a blast or an explosion can cause severe damage to the ear drum.
- Noise pollution increases nervous tension, blood pressure and heart trouble. This type of pollution causes constriction of blood vessels and increases the rate of heart-beat. This increases blood pressure and decreases heart-output. The increase in blood pressure affects the brain and liver. Thus noise pollution can cause damage to heart, brain and liver.
- Noise interferes in communication (talking) with other persons. During the loud noise of various machines in a factory, we cannot talk t or hear properly even a person standing nearby.
- Noise causes head-ache irritability and extreme emotional behavior. Noise disturbs our peace of mind, sleep, studies as well as work. Noise also aggravates the existing diseases of a person.
- Noise pollution increases digestive spasms and causes dilation of the pupils of the eyes. It causes impairment of night vision and decreases the rate of color perception.
- At present, marriage ceremony and many other parties use DJ sound which is very harmful for health.