Yoga –It is one of the six orthodox schools of traditions of Hindu philosophical. Yoga is a group of mental, physical and spiritual practices or disciplines which started in ancient India. The word”yoga” in the Western world which indicate a modern form of Hatha yoga and consisting largely of the postures known as asanas.
The first International Yoga Day was celebrated in all over the world on 21 June 2015 which is started by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Yoga is very popular in India and also in all over world then our country celebrates Yoga Day on June 21.
Health benefits of Yoga – There are several health benefits of Yoga which are discussed below –
- Weight loss – Regular practice Yoga helps in reducing weight which is responsible for several diseases such as obesity, heart diseases, blood pressure, diabetes and many more diseases.
- Better sleep – Yoga are helpful in reducing stress in which person relaxed which gets a deeper and more peaceful sleep.
- Reduce depression – As per study, yoga are helpful in reducing depression by influencing the production of stress hormones in the body.
- Good for heart – Yoga is helpful in reducing the risk of heart attack.
- Relieve in stress – As per research, yoga is helpful in relieve stress and reduce the levels of the stress hormone cortiso.
- Reduce anxiety – As per study, if a person regular practicing yoga then it can lead to a decrease in symptoms of anxiety.
- Lower blood pressure – As per study, Yoga is helpful in lowering the blood pressure which is one of the main causes of heart diseases such as heart attacks and stroke.
- Improves flexibility – As per research, practicing yoga is useful in improving balance and increasing flexibility.
- Better joint health – Yoga also helpful in making strong muscles around the joints. It also prevents joint pain and mobility with daily yoga practice.
- Cure back pain – Increased flexibility and strength due to regular yoga practice which help in preventing several types of back pain.
- Improves lung function – A lot of breathing exercises are in yoga which increases the capacity of lungs and lung function.
- Lower blood sugar – As per study it also helpful in lowering the sugar content in the blood which is good for heart health.
- Reduce cholesterol – Yoga also helpful in reducing bad cholesterol and promoting good cholesterol which is also good for heart health.
- Improve breathing – There are some breathing exercises in practicing yoga which are helpful in improving breathing and lung function.
- Improve strength – As per study, yoga is helpful in increasing strength, endurance and flexibility.