Education helps in keeping good health in a number of ways as discussed below –
- Education tells us the working mechanism of our body system. It also tells us how the various diseases or infections are spread through air, water, insects, and physical contact. Now, if a person is educated he will know how to prevent the spreading of various diseases or what precautions should be taken in the case of communicable diseases.
- Being educated, a person will get his children vaccinated at approximate time for the prevention of diseases.
- Education tells about the balanced diet which we should eat to maintain good health. If a person is educated, he will know about the nutritive value of all types of foods. Knowing this, he can alter his diet suitably to meet all the requirements of his body.
- An educated person conscious about the various harmful effects caused by the bad habits of chewing or smoking tobacco, and of drinking alcohol. If a person is educated, then there are more chances of his keeping away from these health ruining evils of smoking and drinking. This is because he knows the dangerous effects of using tobacco, alcohol and narcotic drugs.
- Being educated, a person will not be afraid of various surgical operations needed for the proper treatment and restoration of good health.
- An educated person conscious about the effects of air pollution, water pollution, and noise pollution. If a person is educated then he knows about the ill effects of these various types of pollutions and takes precautions.
- An educated person also conscious about the ill effects of garbage that emits foul smell and spread various diseases. Thus he aware and not throw garbage on the street in which area is clean and not spread several diseases.
- An educated person knows about what type of treatment are available for various diseases at various centers. If a person is educated then he will be able to make use of his knowledge and get the right type of medical treatment at the earliest. This is because he knows his body system, the various hospitals, medical facilities, and “after care” requirements very well.
- An educated person conscious about the obesity caused by the irregular food habits which is the mother of all diseases. Thus he exercise regularly to control weight for keeping good health.