Grapes – Grapes are popular fruits during summer season. It is a juicy fruit and is used for making wine. Grapes are like that berries and it is also called as “Queen of Fruits”. These grapes are produced in all over the world during temperate climate and are available in thousand of varieties. Each variety has different taste and flavor.
High level of vitamin A, C, B6, magnesium, calcium, selenium, phosphorus, potassium, iron and folate are present in grapes. Grapes are also in rich in nutrient content which make body healthier.
Types of grapes – There are several types of grapes but we discussed only grapes which are popular and easy availability.
- Red grapes – It has simple flavor and available in ruby color.
- Green grapes – This type of grapes are commonly and very sweetest in taste.
- Black grapes – It has delicious taste and large in size as compared to green grapes.
Health benefits of grapes – There are several health benefits of grapes which are discussed below
- Reduce cholesterol – Grapes contain Pterostilbene compound are helpful in reducing the cholesterol level in blood. Thus it is also beneficial for heart.
- Beneficial for asthma – High level of assimilatory power are present in grapes which can enhance the moisture level in the lungs. It is helpful for an individual who suffering asthma. Daily consumption of grapes is beneficial in treatment of asthma.
- Improve vision – Great source of lutein and zeaxanthin are present in grapes which are helpful to maintain and make eye healthier. During ageing, eyesight is weak then daily intake of grapes is beneficial for eyes. Thus it is good for eyes.
- Maintain kidney healthier – It decreases uric acid and remove it from body. Grapes can lower the pressure on the kidneys and makes healthy.
- Prevent Alzheimer’s disease – Grapes contain Resveratrol can decreases the amyloidal-beta level which are beneficial for an individual who suffering from Alzheimer’s disease. It can improve the brain health and holdup neurodegenerative diseases.
- Improve digestion – It is helpful in the treatment of dyspepsia. They can improve digestion and prevent irritation in the stomach.
- Promotes hair growth – The antioxidants are found in grapes which enhance the circulation of blood thus it is helpful in proper growth of hair. The seed oil of grapes are absorbed in the scalp and offers shiny and soft hair
- Reduce weight – It has resveratrol are useful in reducing weight or prevent obesity which causes several diseases. Thus it prevents obesity as well as several diseases are linked with obesity
- Good for heart – Heart disease is caused due to improper dilatation of blood vessels and high blood pressure. Resveratrol are present in grapes prevent dilatation of blood vessels in which blood flow very easily in the blood vessels and reduce blood pressure thus it is beneficial for heart diseases. Antioxidants are present in grapes are helpful in the preventing of the oxidation of LDL cholesterol which obstruct the blood vessels and causes heart diseases. Several flavonoids such as resveratrol content are found in Grapes have many flavonoids l which removes free radicals
- Prevent hair loss – There is a high level of vitamin E and linoleic acid which prevent hair loss. By using seed oil of grapes assist in stronger and healthy hair.
- Beneficial for skin – Vitamin E are present in grapes which keeps the moisture in the skin of the body. It can also eliminate dead skin cells for smooth and healthy skin. The seed oil of grapes also used for massage the skin.
- Reduce blood sugar level – Resveratrol are found in grapes which can decrease at about 10 percent of sugar level in blood. Daily intake of grapes which lowers the risk of increasing blood sugar level.
- Making strong bones – Great source of micro-nutrients are present in grapes such as manganese, iron and copper which is useful in making strong bones. It also prevents osteoporosis.
- Prevent anemia – There is great source of iron are present in grapes which is useful in the treatment of anemia. Anemia is caused due to lack of iron in a body.
- Prevent cancer – Grapes are also helpful in prevent cancer.