There are several tourist spots in our country. Jaipur is one of the popular tourist cities in India. It is also known as pink city because majority of the color of the buildings are pink in color. Jaipur is the capital of the Rajasthan which is famous for several famous forts.
It has several tourist places are given below
- Amer fort – Amer fort is one of the popular tourist spots in the Jaipur city. It is built by Raja Man Singh I in 16th This fort is very vast and very impressive. It is situated at Amer town at about 11km from Jaipur and reached with taxi jeep. The fort is made up of red sandstone and marble and contains the Diwan-i-Aam, or “Hall of Public Audience”, the Diwan-i-Khas, or “Hall of Private Audience”, the Sheesh Mahal (mirror palace), or Jai Mandir, and the Sukh Niwas , a place in which a cool climate is artificially generated by winds that blow above a waterfall inside the palace. Several shootings of the movies are in the fort such as ‘Mughal-e-Azam’, ‘Jodha Akbar’ and ‘Veer’. The visitors also enjoy elephant ride which is a exclusive experience in Amer fort.
- Jaigarh fort – It is placed at the point which is called Cheel ka Teela (Hill of Eagles) of the Aravalli range. This fort was made by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II which is used to protect the Amber fort and its palace complex from the attackers. The Palace complex such as Laxmi Vilas, Lalit Mandir, Vilas Mandir, and Aram Mandir, an armoury and a museum which is inside the fort. Jaigarh fort and Amber fort are linked by underground routes and considered as one complex. This fort is also called as Victory Fort. The cannon which is called as “Jaivana” was the world’s largest on wheels is placed in the fort.
- Nahargarh fort – Nahargarh means ‘abode of tigers’ but its original name is Sudarshangarh. This fort is also used in protection of Amer fort and is placed on the Aravalli hills. The fort name is Nahargarh due to the spirit of the Nahar Singh Bhomia haunted this place and interrupted structure of the fort. So the temple is constructed in the name of Nahar for the pacified of the Nahar’s spirit. Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II built the Nahargarh fort in 1734. The interiors of the fort are attractively adorned with murals and the design of European stucco. The king used this fort for its 9 wives and summer removal. The shooting of the popular song ‘Masti ki Pathshala’ from the film Rang de Basant is in the fort which attracts tourists.
- Hawa mahal – Jaipur is popular for Hawa Mahal and situated very close to the City Palace The manufacturing design of the Hawa Mahal is very beautiful and attracts tourists. Thousands of tourists visited in the Hawa Mahal every year. The Hawa Mahal was built by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh in 1799. It is made up of red and pink sandstone and designed by Lal Chand Ustad which is in the form of the crown of Lord Krishna. It has 953 small windows called jharokhas. The aim of the construction of jharokhas for allows fresh air everywhere in the palace and keeps cool in the summer season which is a real enjoyment for visitors. If the tourists visit Hawa Mahal, then visit to the uppermost of the palace where amazing views of the Jaipur city with ‘City Palace.
- City Palace – Jaipur is also popular for City Palace and is built by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh in 19th It is an exclusive mixture of designs of the Rajput, Mughal and European with gardens, courtyards which is built in the palace complex. The Chandra Mahal and Mubarak Mahal palaces which is built inside the city palace. Now the Chandra Mahal palace is converting into museum and also a royal residence. Chandra Mahal palace was built by Sawai Jai Singh II (ruler of Amber) from 1729 to 1732.
- Jantar Mantar – it is another popular tourisr attraction in Jaipur. The Jantar Mantar is also built by King Sawai Jai Singh II which is a collection of nineteen architectural astronomical instruments. This monument is completed in 1734 and situated near to City Palace and Hawa Mahal. The construction of the monument is based on the astronomy and instrument design principles of ancient Hindu Sanskrit texts.
- Jal Mahal – Jal Mahal is also known as Water Palace which is placed in the central of the Man Sagar Lake in Jaipur city. Maharaja Jai Singh II of Amber was renovated and enlarged the Jal Mahal in the 18th Visitors reach the palace by using the boats and watches memorable amazing views of the hills which are adorned with forts and temple. The Palace is lightened in the evening with flood lights which are reflecting on the waters of the lake. This beautiful scene attracts your hearts and souls.
- Kanak Vrindavan – It is a very beautiful and impressive garden and is situated in a picturesque valley which is surrounded by the hills. Kanak Vrindavan is placed at a distance of 8km from Jaipur. This garden was built by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh.
- Sisodia Rani Bagh – Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II built the garden in the name of his second wife, Sisodia Rani in 1728. It is very popular garden for picnic spot in Jaipur. The garden’s architecture in Mughal style and decorated with water channels and fountains and the garden’s wall are decorated also with attractive paintings
- Jaipur Zoo – It is another popular tourist attraction specially for children and is situated near to the Albert Hall Museum. Zoo is opened in 1877 and is separated into two sections, one for birds and another for birds and reptiles. At about 50 types of animals and birds from all over the world is in zoo.