The apple is very common and delicious fruit which is cultivated in worldwide including India. In Asia and Europe, the apples are grown in thousands of years. This fruit were carried to North America by European colonist. The importance of apple is in mythological and religious in several cultures including Norse, Greek and European Christian traditions. The production of apples globally in 2014 was 84.6 million tonnes where China accounting for 48% of the total.
There are some health benefits of apples are given below
- Beneficial for heart– Apple contain soluble fiber which can decrease the cholesterol level in blood for healthy heart. Lower the cholesterol is very beneficial for heart. Due to the flavonoid and antioxidant property in apple it can prevent heart disease by reducing blood pressure, and LDL oxidation.
- Control diabetes – Due to polyphenol antioxidant content in apple, reduces the sugar level in blood. The polyphenols also reduce the absorption of glucose in which encourages the release of insulin resulting to control blood sugar level.
- Treat Alzheimer’s – Apples are beneficial in reducing Alzheimer’s diseases due to the antioxidant effects of the phytonutrient compounds in apples. Apple juice increases the level of acetylcholine and neurotransmitter in the brain which improves memory in increasing age. Reduced acetylcholine is linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
- Prevent Parkinson’s Diseases – Apple also beneficial for those people who eat apple, stop the regular breakdown of dopamine-producing nerve cells which protects against Parkinson’s disease as per research.
- Cure Anemia – Apple are rich in iron so they are helpful in curing anemia. Anemia is caused due to lack of iron and affects deficiency of hemoglobin in the blood. This disease can be treated by increasing the consumption of iron which increases red blood cells.
- Reduce weight – There are several diseases are linked with obesity including heart diseases, high blood pressure and diabetes. Due to high fiber content in apple, they are useful in reducing weight. The calorie in the apple which is not absorbed in our body is beneficial for obesity people.
- Improve eyesight – Apples are helpful in improve and stronger eyesight or vision by reducing the effect of free radicals on the eyes during macular degeneration, cataract, and glaucoma because apples contain flavonoid compounds and antioxidant phytonutrients. This fruit is also used in curing night blindness.
- Decrease the risk of cancer – The intake of apple may decrease the risk of developing pancreatic cancer at about 23 per cent. Apples are used in treating several types of cancers including breast and colon cancer. As per research, the capacity of the apple to decrease lung cancer and slow the spread while it develop.
- Strong teeth – Apples are also helpful in cleaning the teeth and gums because it decreases the occurrence of cavities in the teeth. An apple promotes the production of saliva in the mouth, which lowers the tooth decay by reducing the levels of bacteria
- Remove weakness – The individual who suffering from illness because of sickness is always given apple to reduce weakness. Due to antioxidant compounds and protein are found in apples, it’s preventing weakness and improve the muscle.
- Cure Asthma – Apple can also use in control the immune system and reduce swelling which protects against asthma.
- Healthy Intestine – Apple also beneficial for better working of the bacteria living in our large intestine. It promoted metabolism for better health by exploiting nutrient uptake and removing harmful bacteria and toxins