Garlic is the basic herb that is seen in any Indian kitchen. Its scientific name is Allium sativum which is a part of an onion family. Garlic has many health benefits. Let us see some of them.
- Garlic contains Allicin which has sulphur compound may help in preventing some forms of cancer due to garlic has anti-bacterial and anti fungal properties.
- It is used in the blood purifier in the body and also helps in to clean your system and wash out toxins.
- It also provides relief during cold and flu.
- Due to the antioxidant properties in the garlic, it is used in decrease the cholesterol levels and also help in regulating blood pressure and blood sugar levels. This decreases the danger of heart diseases.
- It has been used as an antibiotic to treat bacterial, fungal and parasitic infections. A mouthwash which contains garlic is enough to ward off cavity-causing bacteria.
- As per many kinds of research, the daily consumption of garlic helps in the prevention of stomach and colorectal cancers. It is said to make stronger the immunity of the body against cancer.
- Due to the stimulating properties of garlic, it protects the skin from the effect of free radicals and reduces the depletion of collagen which leads to loss of elasticity in aging skin. Garlic helps to the skin, protected with infected fungal infections and provides relief from skin ailments including eczema. It is also a useful medication for fungal infections such as athlete’s foot and ringworms.
- The oil containing garlic is also used in reducing hair loss.